1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fairing on RZ

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Dave164, Sep 8, 2005.

1. Dave164

Dave164 Well-Known Member

I need a new fairing, I have the spec 2 on there but it is a street fairing and is fairly heavy. I have just spent a day reinforcing all the bolt holes, cracks etc with aluminum but really would like to fit something else.

I am wondering if anyone knows of another fairing off a modern bike that race plastic is available for and would fit. I have looked at the hotbodies kit on my cbr and there is no way, too narrow at the bottom where the pipes are. I know Joe had a nice one but hot bodies do not make TZ ones and I think Joe said it was a 94 which I could not find as an aftermarket.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Dave,
    I run a '95 TZ250 fairing. I think it's an Airtech piece, but not 100% sure since it was on the bike when I bought it from Mark. The lower had to be cut out a pretty good amount for pipe clearance. You may not want a TZ fairing because it is really small and hard for even me to tuck behind.

I think a modern R6 fairing could be modified to fit. They are plentiful, and several companies obviously make them.

Joe

3. evilhordewannabe

evilhordewannabe Well-Known Member

Suitable Fairing

Dave, given your body type, may I suggest you do a search on "Windjammer"..always here to help buddy....:Poke: ..OK seriously, Moto Carrera has a good selection of fairings on their website.

4. john buanno

john buanno Active Member

i used the 99 R1 plastic and it worked out nicely, didnt really have to trim all that much from the belly for the chambers either. Hey Joe- I just picked up a Bandit 600 rear wheel for transplant. 4.5 x 17. I 'll let you guys know how the surgery went..[​IMG]

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

John,
    The bike is looking fantastic. When will you come out and play at a WERA event?

6. john buanno

john buanno Active Member

im hoping to do summit or VIR with you next year. that picture is old. I blew it up on the banking at Daytona in 03, it made 1 more loudon race and it sat last year. i was on my last bore with the powervalves .080 and i ruined the cylinder. I am putting a banshee top end on it for next year- it was a 396- 4mm stroker long rod crank-with the lectrons it really ran good- but the skirt was hitting the powervalves ever so slightly.....the bandit wheel i got should go in easy- and its a new style wheel with the straight spokes(supposed to be lighter) Everyone said i would not be able to pull the 143 mph gearing at daytona- but by the time i was halfway thru the banking she was redlined in top gear!!
    i'll have to pm you about next season, i have never run those tracks, you can give me some pointers..:D

7. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

FYI- Joe, your upper (and lower) are Sharkskinz. Pricey, but WAAYYY more durable than Air Tech crap.