1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fahrenheit 911

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Team Atomic, May 5, 2004.

1. Team Atomic

Team Atomic Go Go SOX!

Disney to block release of Michael Moore's newest movie Fahrenheit 911.

The Walt Disney Company is blocking its Miramax Films division from distributing Michael Moore's documentary ``Fahrenheit 911,'' which criticizes President Bush, according to a statement on Moore's Web site.

The film is highly critical of Bush's handling of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and his actions leading up the attacks.

``I would have hoped by now that I would be able to put my work out to the public without having to experience the profound censorship obstacles I often seem to encounter,'' Moore wrote in the statement.

Disney Blocks Release of Fahrenheit 911

AP Disney Blocks Release of Fahrenheit 911

Wow this is censorship...discuss. Papa tell me if it's worth $8.

2. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I wonder what Michael Moore's explanation would be of Clinton's 8 years of looking the other way as terrorist acts were committed against the US. :)

3. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

How is it censorship if a company makes a business decision not to release a product when they have the contractual right to do so?

4. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

I don't think this is censorship. Michael Moore has made himself into a more controversial figure than a controversial film maker. I actually like his films. But he must have gone off the deep end if he thought any studio would distribute a movie on this premise. Its well within Miramax's rights to refuse to distribute the film since they probably footed the bill for its production.

Censorship would be if the gubment told Miramax not to distribute the film or was so bold as to confiscate the film.

5. Perhaps the distributor has finally gotten wise to Moore's propensity for lies, distortions and deceptions.

6. mtk

mtk All-Pro Bike Crasher

The whole thing shows what a chucklehead Moore really is since he's too stupid to understand that censorship requires a government agency to make happen. A private company telling him that his work is shit and they won't release it isn't the same as censorship. The fact that he's a dumbass and doesn't get it is not surprising.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Moore can kiss my ass.

So can Disney, Miramax, Fat Mike and anyone else I deem to be a Steak Head.

8. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

i could care less about GW's hadnling of 911--it's that other, small issue of an unrelated war that disturbs me.

Steak Head--that's a new one :D

9. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I guess you missed those recent reports of Al Qaeda fighting in Iraq, hmm?

10. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh come on Jay, that's just Reaganda. The fighters in Iraq are a popular uprising of lower to middle lower class peasants fighting an unpopular invader for freedom of their country. Upon their victory over the devil invaders they are going to set up a classless utopia where everyone is free to voice their opinion and worship in their own way.
    They will then join hands with their neighboring countries and sing "Give mother f@cking peace a chance".

Or some shit like that.

11. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

What happened to "kumbaya" ???

:D

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Couldn't spell it. :D

13. WeaselBob

no... not at all, of course they're there NOW... but you missed that all that shit GW claimed to launch the war was bullshit? the admins knew six months before G's state of the union there were no ties, no weapons, none of that... go watch or read Joseph Wilson... of course all you neocons will deny THAT one too :D

Last edited: May 5, 2004
  14. WeaselBob

what's-his-name-today is getting a little to upset for that

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Oh, I won't sit around and sing with a bunch of Sand Hippies.

While they're singing, I'm going to sneak up behind them, hit 'em with a wooden soup spoon and steal a few million gallons of their oil, which I'll launder through Kuwait.

I'll then steal their Birkenstocks, Hackeysacks, Frizbees, Grateful dead boot legs and micro buses and sell those to the Phishheads.

Peace, Love and granola, baby!

16. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Not censorship, a sound business decision. After all the deception, half-truths and outright lies Moore has spouted, who can blame them.
    http://www.bowlingfortruth.com/

17. WeaselBob

now THAT'S productive cpitalism at it's finest...

but WTF are sand hippies?

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Hippies that live in the desert.

19. WeaselBob

Re: Re: Fahrenheit 911

your description precisely fits the pre-war State of the Union speech and everybody broadcast THAT:D

20. WeaselBob

like Manson family or camel-type desert?

seems you gotta thing for the wooden soup spoon today