1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Face ID

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And even then the DNA can be the same can't it?

2. Mongo, is it a trick for getting the bike on the center stand easily?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not for me :crackup:

I'll look but pretty sure there is a grab handle on the left just in front of/above the the side case, step on the stand and pull up on the handle.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. I never could get it right on the Sprint.

It was weird because about one out of every 5 times, it would be quick and easy. Nothing to it, almost as easy as getting on the regular kickstand.

Then sometimes I would fight it and fight it till I said fuck it.

It’s like I knew there was a trick, I just couldn’t nail it.

5. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Does the cordless charging not work through a case?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I honestly haven't tried it - the case I use has a magnet over the area I think the phone uses so I've just assumed (I know) that it won't work. It didn't come with a cordless charger either so it's really more that I didn't buy one in the beginning and then totally forgot about it :D

It also doesn't help I have a stand from previous phones that I use next to me at home where it lives and charges the entire time.

cBJr likes this.
  7. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Works fine with the Apple leather case on mine, and most of the other cases I've seen that don't have any metal plates or magnets in the way.

cBJr likes this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

9. It will.

Mine is in a case, and I also have one of those hard rubber card holder things stuck to the back of the case.

It still charges through all of that (even when there is a card in the card holder).

cBJr likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

11. Damnit Sean.

12. Shit. I need it just for the dock. That looks like something from Cybertron. :D

13. Whycome the charging base will flash red and won’t charge sometimes?

Normally when I set the phone on it, it will flash blue a few times and charges the phone.

But when I woke up this morning it was flashing red and not charging, then it did it again a few mins ago.

I can unplug it and plug it back in, then it works fine again.

Anyone know what causes that?

14. twodocs

twodocs Well-Known Member

FYI, you can adjust the security settings so you don’t actually have to look at your phone to unlock. It is faster that way too.

15. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Some wireless chargers can be finicky about placement. The first one I had (just a flat pad) I had to watch it to make sure it actually started charging, and then be careful to not bump it because if my phone moved 1/2 inch in the wrong direction it could end up not charging. The second one I bought is stand-shaped, so I don't have to worry about getting it in just the right spot for it to charge.

16. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

My biggest wish for a new phone is to be able to do wireless charging in a ram mount on my bikes. I’m convinced all the vibrations are wearing out the lightning connectors on my cables and maybe my phone now. I have a hard time getting some of my cables to charge my phone unless I wiggle it around and find the optimum angle.

17. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Is it with all cables or just some? Mine had a bunch of pocket lint in the charging port that was keeping it from getting a connection and charging. I scraped the lint out with a safety pin or something and it started charging again.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  18. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Some cables are definitely better than others. Some just seem to get really loose. I’ve tried with a toothpick to clean out my phone connection but I probably should try again.

19. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

The RokForm cases are trick. Mounts on bikes, has a magnet I use at the gym all the time. And they are the sister company to Two Brothers.