1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F4i Frame???

Discussion in 'Tech' started by repars, Jan 2, 2004.

1. repars

repars Active Member

Early this year I wrecked my F4i and managed to damage it's frame. So while cruising E-bay looking for some spares, I saw someone selling a perfect F4i frame real cheap. Without thinking or should I say without reading the description thoroughly I grabbed it. A few weeks later the frame showed up in perfect condition only problem, no title and worse yet no VIN number. The sticker VIN number was removed and the stamped VIN number was ground off. So my question is what do I do? Can I use the frame for racing? Can I use the frame for trackdays? Did I just through away $200.00? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
    JP

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

You can use it at you're own risk.A few years ago, the police went to several races, checking VINs. Many bikes were impounded. What was the description on e-bay?

3. Rusnak_322

Rusnak_322 FOX Mullet

It sounds like you may have bought some stolen goods.

I hope you didn't give the seller good feedback.

4. frame

Well I believe the rule book mentions that frames must have a vin not to mention you have to write the vin number on all Tech sheets. WERA also mentions they can check vin numbers for stolen goods. Don't know if they ever have. I would suggest this: Get a hold of Ebay and have them investigate...I would also call the police dept in the area that the part was sold from. I've seen forensics lift numbers off frames that have been ground depending on how deep it is. How, is when the manu. stamps the frame it pushes the metal and even though the numbers are scratched out...the dimple in the metal is sometimes still there. Would be great to get one of these bike theives off the streets huh.

5. Frame

Oh yah if you do want a frame for an F4i I have a friend who is selling his and I believe he did finally get his title in the mail from bank or whatever. His WERA name is Dan Montgomery. Shoot him a PM I just talked to him today and he mentioned he still had it. Not sure what he wanted for it.