1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F2 tach/temp

Discussion in 'Tech' started by TXFZ1, May 13, 2003.

1. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

I need a inexpensive tach for my F2, any suggestions?

I've been using a homemade one from some cluster but it wasn't too crash worthy along with the stock fairing bracket.

I've now got a GP Tech and Graves bracket with a nice empty hole for a tach. What to put it it?

Also, does anybody know the thread size for adapter required for the Daytona temperature gauge sensor?

Thanks in advance

David

2. sanman60

sanman60 I'm slow, but I finished

David,

I'm in the same boat with my F3. I've been looking at tachs as well, and don't want to spend that much money for a spa or especially a stack ...It would seem that Autometer is a good choice, and I've checked several places but no-one has (a) had one in stock or (b) been particularly helpful / interested in helping find one.

Another route, one which I am probably going to go, is a Daytona tach. ..I hear they are under $200 (I think the manuf. is "shindi"..sp?) They have two sizes, apparently, a "mini" and a regular (?)
    I believe the regular is the one that will fit a graves bracket. If you find a source let me know...

Don't know about the temp adapter question...It can take awhile to get an answer here in the tech forum, and this is probably not a very good answer, but at any rate, good luck. Eventually someone will read this post who WILL know, and take the time to post a usefull answer.