1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Exhaust system for '02 gsxr 600

Discussion in 'Tech' started by dumpkan dave, Feb 26, 2003.

1. dumpkan dave

dumpkan dave Well-Known Member

I was wondering what was the best exhaust system to put on my bike. I know one answer is who pays the most contigincy.... but other than that, which produces the most power, good fit and finish, along with durability (just incase a mishap happens) ANy info would be greatly appreciated.

2. MotoMadman

MotoMadman Mr. Moto Riding

3. Dan Kyle

Dan Kyle Well-Known Member

On a GSXR600 even a bolt on muffler will make about a 5 HP gain.
    As far as a full stainless pipe the Hindles have good bang for the buck, but they are not real pretty nor do they fitt real well. you can pick them up for $575 with a titanium muffler, less with the Aluminum muffler.
    In an all Titanium pipe and muffler, the Arata at $999 is going to be hard to beat.

4. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

We use TiForce. Very light, extremely well constructed, good power and great looking. The pipes stand up well to abuse. The ti can will dent fairly easily, but I've also had several survive incidents without major damage. Not inexpensive, but we like them.

5. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

a-crop-o-vich evo nice stuff and light sounds good and makes you power.

6. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I have had good service from my M4 full system. It sounds great with the carbon fiber cannister but I wouldn't buy that can for racing however I did :rolleyes: (long story).

With the carbon can the tone is deep & thick sounding almost 750ish in tone. The carbon won't crash well, don't know that just been told that. Just don't crash :D

Entire system ran about $743 total 2 years ago. It mounted up nicely.

7. mdr14

mdr14 What?

The Hindle full race does make some good power for sure. It is about the lightest stainless steel exhaust on the market.

Hindle does make 2 different exhausts for the 2001-2003 HSX-R 600. The have street and race headers. Both are available in standard mount and high mount.