1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EX500's FOR SALE

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by vance, Jan 20, 2018.

1. vance

vance *

Hesitant bump:
    540 got rear spools and a white front fender.
    525 still sitting as it was.

35mm CR's are SOLD
    All other spares are still there.

I may put the spare stock motor in the roller and make a grocery getter out of it.

Storage space became available, so they'll likely just sit for some time. No rush to get rid of them but it's a shame to not have them on track. There's been some time put into both of them.

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Is the 525 motor essentially a 2mm overbore? (Always called this a 526). Might be interested in that engine. Where are you located?

3. vance

vance *

No, the 2mm was over 525, illegal for the CCS 500 class. It's ZX pistons, ends up being 524mm. Lots of effort spent to come in second at Nationals to an FZR400 :D
    Located in Naples, FL

Edit, had to google stock. Stock bore is 74, so it's 1.5mm over.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  4. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

Are any complete or nearly complete bikes still for sale?

My project is dragging on and the season is underway. I need to get on on the track.

5. vance

vance *

Yes, the red 500 with stock motor is ready to go as it sits, battery may need a charge.
    The white 540 is ready to go as it sits, also battery may need charged.
    If you can arrange pick up, I’ll give you a hell of a deal on whatever all you want. I’m 7 bikes deep AGAIN and need to clean house.

6. dave3593

I live in Ohio. Do you expect to be racing north of Florida? Maybe I could meet you at a track somewhere between Ohio and Florida.

7. vance

vance *

The only thing for certain is June 23/24 at Roebling. Where in Ohio?

8. dave3593

Jackson, Ohio. Southern area of state.

9. vance

vance *

That’s cool. Grew up in South Point, OH. Never been to Jackson but we used to play Waverly when I was in high school.

10. dave3593

Small world.

11. dave3593

I know it's a long shot for this to work out, but if you were coming to a WERA meet maybe I could buy it and race it that week end.

12. vance

vance *

Can’t seem to get away from this stuff. Everything was given to a friend. The red bike has returned to me and really needs to go.

I’m headed to Barber this weekend for AHRMA. Will throw it in the trailer. If it doesn’t go, I’ll part it out when I get back.

$1000 OBO

EX500 the red 996:
    gen2 stator, RaceTech 0.90 springs with Gold Valve emulators, Penske rear shock, FOG rear set brackets, FOG dog bones (raise swing arm and eliminate squat), clip ons, 2-1 exhaust, All Balls steering bearings, fork seals, Adjustable brake and clutch levers, steel braided brake line (front), EBC Floating front rotor, EBC HH pads, keyless fuel cap, 520 chain, Pengel petcock, Barnett clutch with springs, GP shift, stock motor in the bike with stock carbs, valve adjustment, lapped head, new head and base gaskets, new crank bearings, FOG solid motor mounts. Bridgestones have about 30 laps on them. No title, bill of sale only.

No spares, everything else is gone. I started it and rode it around the parking lot Sunday at homestead. Carbs will need to be cleaned.

13. vance

vance *

Sale pending

14. vance

vance *

SOLD