1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Everyday boots.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, May 9, 2014.

1. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

For me, it's a toss up between my Doc Martens and my Raichle Hiking boots.

Paid $80 for the Docs used. Had them about 6 months and love 'em.
    Paid $320 for the Raichle new. Used them for 15 years before they finally couldn't be fixed any more.

2. bullockcm

bullockcm Well-Known Member

Another vote for Vaque. I have a pair of hiking boots and trail runners and both seem to be holding up well.

3. Jason748

Jason748 Race Junkie

Agreed... Hands down, best workboot made... :up:

4. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Zamberlan Everything else is just second-rate footwear. I've been wearing the same pair every day for a year, work, in snow, rain, whatever. My poor abused feet, which have been broken, abused and mistreated for 60 years, now feel like a beautiful young Italian girl is holding them tenderly between her ample breasts all day long. They are THAT good.

Worth every penny of the price.

[​IMG]

5. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

[​IMG]

6. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I really need to know where I can find those.

I'm not kidding.

7. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Vasque, without a doubt!

8. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

+1. My Doc Marten steel toes are the most comfy boots I've ever worn. I also have some non steel toed Docs and love them as well. Sometimes you do, sometimes you don't want to scream "Nazi punks, fuck off!" Docs will let you do either one in comfort.

9. jon686

jon686 Well-Known Member

Wife bought me some AHNU boots for Christmas. I really like them. Timberland makes some comparable boots for a lot less, and if they are anything like my Timberland work boots they would be awesome. The Timberland work boots beat out the Keen's when I chose because they were actually lighter. I picked them over the Red Wings I had worn for years. Check out the AHNU's if you get a chance.

10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I went through a pair of Timberland Pro work boots when I was kicking steel and they were surprisingly good. Very good. Only reason I stopped wearing them in the field was they quit making the ones I liked. Solid product back then.