1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever look at the forecast and just say f the races?

Discussion in 'General' started by Woofentino Pugr, May 18, 2019.

1. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Well, that is doing a poor job at destroying america's racing scene.

...or is it yet just an evil ploy?

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

All of it is an evil ploy but yeah, I am kind of sucking at destroying the sport.

3. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Skipped more than one race at Mid O due to rain but ran my novice races at Nashville in a monsoon! Depends on the track.

4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Never been much of a weather watcher. I knew I was going to be at the track and the weather would be whatever it was going to be. No sense in wasting energy thinking about it. Just made sure I had everything in order to make changes etc.

5. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

I kinda like the rush of being on track, everything else about it sucks though.

6. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Wouldn't mattered. Alarm woke me up at 4am, fell back to sleep until 8:45. Storm came through at 11am pretty hard. Trees down in Beloit. Radar now says nothing until 9-10 tonight.

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

Racers race.

8. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

I raced at Roebling in the rain twice, IIRC.

Once when there was a hurricane off the GA coast. The Race Director told us after a very wet Saturday that as long as it didn't rain any more on Sunday the schedule would be as posted. Sunday morning it was sunny and hot (as usual.) Practice went on as normal. During lunch break it rained for about 20 minutes, just enough to form a puddle on the race line in T1. We started the races at 1 and the puddle was gone by 2.

Another time it rained the entire time I was on the track, for 4 races.

9. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

F@ck yeah ... if you show up you race. .. .
    You young guys need to toughen the fuck up, rain is the great equalizer. It allows big guys to podium :D:D

10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I'm a fair weather racer. Rain sucks, and I'm out there to have fun. Only time I really raced in the rain was on my 450 at MAM.

R1Racer99 and 23103a like this.
  11. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

You know, rain is one thing. 46* and rain is completely different. Not sure if Rockford was on the warm side of the cold front all day but the weather sucked bad here (about 25 miles north of Road America) all day.

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Meh, took to the grid and raced at BHF with 2 inches of snow on ground. It is what it is. As always, ride to conditions.

Unless it’s Mid Ohio then bale with any precipitation or when temps get below 50.

13. BSA43

BSA43 Well-Known Member

Bale hay?

<bail>

14. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I've cancelled going to the track for cold or rain many times. As was said before me, if I'm going to the track the whole point is to enjoy myself. Freezing, being wet, and going slow is not fun to me, especially not fun when it costs you a grand to do it.

skidooboy likes this.
  15. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Eh, rain is no big deal if it's reasonably warm. What kills me is tire swapping back and forth for wet/dry/wet conditions. Threw my back out this past weekend and pretty much ruined the rest of the weekend when the conditions were great. :mad:

16. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

So I heard the weather wasnt actually that bad on sunday. Bummed I couldnt make it.

17. LossPrev

LossPrev Well-Known Member

You would have needed rains on for the first 3 races or so after lunch but that's it. I bought rains on Saturday then switched back to slicks Sunday morning and ran all 3 of my races on dry track.

Never count BHF out, the Blackhawk Vortex is always a mystery but sounds like you had other reasons for not being there

rafa likes this.
  18. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

On this particular day, yes.

Attached Files:

• 027.JPG
      027.JPG
      File size:
      73.8 KB
      Views:
    Murcielago311 and Brad like this.
  19. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

WOW where was that at and when?

20. bored&stroked

bored&stroked Disclaimer: Can't spell

Yup. All summer long. Another sunny cloudless day yet again. At 118*. No thanks.