1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ever been Screwed buying stuff online??

Discussion in 'General' started by 1slowguy, Jan 15, 2002.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Never mind, not in the mood for the pissing match it would generate.

2. 3-dave

3-dave Well-Known Member

No, I've never been diced yet. I try and stay with big vendors, they will usually match any price I find. Muzzys, Starcycle, Intuitive, Renegade Exhausts, Sport Touring USA, Dennis Kirk, Evoluzione, Steet and Competition, Cycle Center of Denton, Racetech, Penske, Competition Accessories and a host of others have all gotten my Internet business. I feel very fortunate with the product and service I have gotten so far and can empathize with others that haven't been so lucky. I've had my share of brick and mortar merchants that are less than reputable and they are a pain in the butt to deal with...

3. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

Sold some RD parts to a guy on ebay and he payed and I shipped. Yesterday I see he left bad feedback about me because the post office damaged the box and some of the parts were missing. Now Mr. Wonderful could have contacted me and I would have worked something out with him just because that is how I am. But no, most of the bigger parts he got but SPARE bolts were missing and he fried me and it was not my fault, and never asked for insurance. Some people just have huge balls, and now he still wants to work something out after he fried me, idiot! Boy that would do a lot for me sending him some $$ to make up for the missing parts. And as far as buying and getting screwed well there is a certain individual in here who took my money and never sent parts, it was only $15 so I did not press and rant and rave. He claimed he shipped twice but with no tracking number. That said anyone have one of those little screens that cover the air intake in the upper fairing for an SRAD?

------------------
    97 GSXR 750

[This message has been edited by sportbikepete (edited 01-15-2002).]

4. SpongeBob WeaselPants

SpongeBob WeaselPants Bohemian Ass-Clown

Ahhhh, come on!!!
    just put a rain coat over the monitor and let it begin [​IMG]

5. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

What's even scarier than that is the fact that you educate the young minds of America. [​IMG]

6. emeyer

emeyer Well-Known Member

I haven't been taken YET!!!!! I really don't order that much stuff online. The items I do, I get them from a few select vendors who I was doing business with before they had a web site. My brother did get a bad deal on a GSXR gas tank off e-bay though. Wrong year and damage beyond what was stated.
    Eric! Hows your online hamster farm doing? [​IMG]

7. gpwannabe

gpwannabe Well-Known Member

I bought a drive for my Compaq laptop on an auction and the thing did not work. The guy said he would return my funds and of course I sent him the drive and never heard anything from him again. I always said when I next went to RA I'd go kick in his door and get my $200 but I haven't been back since.

8. SpongeBob WeaselPants

Those pictures you took really helped. [​IMG]
    Since I posted those shots of the hamsters in little lace baby-doll nighties, orders are piling up. [​IMG]

I can't wait to compare my email list to Mongo's ... [​IMG]

9. SpongeBob WeaselPants

They start the quarter acting so innocent, but by the time I'm finished with them they show up HERE
    [​IMG]

10. NewRacer

NewRacer Tina! Come get some ham!

no horrible ones yet, but almost one from 2wf page. I found the guys parents address and sent a nasty email about sending someone to their house, websites, Race Orgs, etc and he finally wrote me back the next day. (avoided me for 2 weeks) all over $46.

Now it will only be from fellow racers (WERA classifieds) or racer recommmendations (blame racer then)and ebay.

Brandon

11. Bad Iguana

Bad Iguana Well-Known Member

I wanna hamster!!!!! I wanna hamster!!!!!!
    Eric, send me a hamster.

We reptiles are into experimentation [​IMG]

12. SpongeBob WeaselPants

Another one??? That makes three this month... Remember to go slow & BE GENTLE.

Do you want me to repeat your last order and include the spiked heels and fishnet thigh-highs? [​IMG]

13. WERA29

WERA29 On a mental field trip...

Eric, I don't even wanna know what caused your mind to end up so warped and twisted. [​IMG]

I don't think I'm prepared to handle that kind of information just yet. [​IMG]

14. rob600rider

rob600rider THE MAN

Yeah, same thing happened to me... only he told me the part was going to be $5, so i being nice and generous sent him $10.. After 3 months of email exchange i finally gave up persuing getting that part or my $$ back. UGH

15. sportbikepete

sportbikepete Well-Known Member

LOL, you tried to buy those screens too? Hopefully not from the same guy as me.

------------------
    97 GSXR 750

16. SpongeBob WeaselPants

I think there's always been a pervert inside waiting to be released.
    It took the BBS to bring it into full bloom... [​IMG]

17. emeyer

emeyer Well-Known Member

Eric,
    They say a picture is worth a thousand words...
    I think in this case one will do...ohmygod!
    Glad they helped [​IMG]

18. emeyer

emeyer Well-Known Member

Eric,
    You should start your very own hamster thread????????
    Might even beat the "lurking" thread.

19. Scarbs

Scarbs Well-Known Member

I tried ebay for the first time in November, sent my money, and I'm still waiting on the part. Got hosed! The dude had the nerve to call me a "D^ck" on the on the ebay comments follow up because I called his ebay number a couple of times to inquire about my stuff a month later. He also put on the same comments that his "mom died" and everything so that is why he "didn't send it timely". Total loser!

I tried to reason with him, (and I even sent him an email feeling sorry for the loser b/c of his loss, but said I needed my part), now I'm letting ebay sort it out...come to think of it I've not heard from them either. All the online things will get no mula from me from now on. It is counter business for me only.

BTW, the condolence message wasn't anything like, "sorry the witch died, and send my S!@t." I was just nice and cordial, and suggestive...

It must be me and my upbringing and military experience, but that is one thing that we didn't tolerate, a thief. Can't stand them.

Oh well, I feel I have vented my $62 worth now. Thanks to everyone for listening.
    Scarbs

20. tlwannab

tlwannab Well-Known Member

I haven't been burned but I used to work at STARCYCLE up until last month.I ended up quiting because of not getting my check on time.I am really surprised they are still in business and I have seen LYN, the owner, screw more people over then I can count.As of right now he can not even order from PARTS UNLIMITED cause he owes them so much money. He was not able to run credit cards for over a month because of people calling their credit card companys and doing charge backs on products they never got.I highly recommend staying away from STARCYCLE but if you do order from them, talk to Terry or Dorsey and tell them Zac refered you.