1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eraser wheel: safe to use on fiberglass?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by DmanSlam, Jan 27, 2024.

1. DmanSlam

DmanSlam Well-Known Member

Am looking for an easy way to remove graphics/stickers from my fairings. Has anyone used a rubber eraser to remove the graphics on Sharkskinz fairings? Any caveats or alternatives I should know about?

upload_2024-1-27_20-6-3.png

2. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

Heat gun is your friend. Comes off quickly.

DmanSlam and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  3. DmanSlam

I have that option too. I googled and read somewhere on this very topic. Commenters mentioned that the eraser wheel was quicker than the heat gun with less risk of damaging paint. Go figure.

4. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Eraser wheel puts concentrated heat into the surface, which could cause paint issues, depending on the quality of paint. And, the material being removed does put marks in the paint, depending on what is being removed.

The wheel you’ve pictured is overpriced and that style causes a LOT of heat. You want the one I’ve linked, if you ever need to use one on something. They’re great for dried out, crusty graphics. However, for what you’re doing, a heat gun or blow dryer is a much better option.

84C5C274-5986-4BEA-8AD1-3F7653B81ED2.jpeg

Whizzy Wheel Car Decal + Car Sticker Remover with Drill Adapter Tool Kit - Decal Remover Eraser Wheel Adhesive Remover - Rubber Erase... https://a.co/d/dEkxgYP

DmanSlam likes this.
  5. DmanSlam

Thanks for the call-out about the eraser wheel. I'll go with the heat gun instead.

ducnut likes this.