1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

engine mount rs125 procedure

Discussion in '2-Stroke Machines' started by Algonquin, Jul 29, 2018.

1. Algonquin

Algonquin VRRA and DOCC no.92

How do people set the adjuster sleeve for lower rear engine mount bolts without the factory tube spanner? Yes, I will make something up but since I have not done this stuff before I thought I might ask about setting up this lower engine bolt since it is the one that gets shimmed, correct? The manual is pretty good but not the same as real experience.

Thank you!

2. Algonquin

To be slightly clearer but only very slightly, Honder rs125 NX4

3. AssClown

AssClown Well-Known Member

I push the mount bolt back and use a 10mm allen to set the sleeve, then a 20 mm spanner socket to set the lock ring. I got the spanner socket off Amazon for a decent price.

Before I bought the spanner socket, I made one out of a left over socket. Just ground it to shape with 4" handheld grinder.

Not sure if this is what you were looking for, but hope it helps.

4. peterleduc

peterleduc Well-Known Member

First off, but the factory tool for the lock ring on this one. It’s offset for some reason and Honda did it that way for some reason. I have one I’d loan or sell if you want one fast.

Secondly, once you do it once or twice you’ll be able to tell why the procedure is what it is. More or less, you back the lock ring off the lower adjuster then torque the Allen headed adjuster to it’s spec. This sets the engine sprocket distance relative to the swing arm. The other mounting bolts get shimmed to keep the frame and engine true to each other (not twisted). Somewhere in there you set the torque on the lock rings and you’re done.

PL

5. Algonquin

This helps a lot, no surprise that the manual does describe this process well enough but until we do it once or twice it is far from clear. Pretty important to do it properly!