1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine Ice now AMA legal

Discussion in 'Tech' started by APA, Jan 12, 2011.

1. APA

APA Well-Known Member

For Immediate Release
    1/11/2011
    Contact Dave Kimmey @ 877-806-9377

Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant is now legal for AMA Pro Racing Flat Track and Road Racing.

CycleLogic Products, Inc., the manufacturer of Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant is happy to announce that revisions to the 2011 AMA Pro Racing rulebooks for both Road Racing and Flat Track, make Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant, a propylene glycol based coolant product, legal for both disciplines.

AMA Pro Flat Track Technical Bulletin #2011-01, dated: January 4, 2011, and effective immediately now states:
    3.4 Engines
    e. Coolant must be propylene glycol based. It must be nontoxic and water soluble. Ethylene glycol is not an acceptable coolant.

AMA Pro Road Racing Technical Bulletin #2011-01, dated January 12, 2011, and effective immediately now states:
    3.6 Engines
    e. Any coolant, other than water, may be propylene glycol based. It must be nontoxic and water soluble. Ethylene glycol is not an acceptable coolant

About CycleLogic Products, Inc.: Based in Merritt Island, Florida, CycleLogic Products Inc. is the manufacturer of Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant, the World’s premier coolant and antifreeze product. Racers using Engine ice Hi-Performance Coolant have won hundreds of championships at every level, amateur and professional in motocross, road racing, karting, auto racing and more. Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant is distributed by Parts Unlimited, Tucker Rocky, Western Powersports and more, as well as Worldwide, see http://www.engineice.com/distribution.html for additional distribution channels.

To learn more about Engine Ice Hi-Performance Coolant, visit our website at www.engineice.com

2. Brian Driver

Brian Driver Well-Known Member

This stuff is awsome! I saw a 15deg drop after switching from water wetter to engine ice. Also no corrosion.

3. erick1670

erick1670 Chapin

this would be great if is allow in our local trackday orgs :up:, is a pain in the ass to change fluids in tree bikes :down:

hey things we have to do to have fun :D

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Tree bikes? What are those, bikes from Fred Flintstone days?

:beer:

5. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I don't see why, its still propylene glycol.....still makes the road surface slippery.

6. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Stuff is still illegal in WERA and LRRS.

7. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

As it should be. JMO Tdub

8. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

ok in ccs!

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't care if it's legal or not, using it on the racetrack is ridiculous. Would you want someone crashing because you spilled some coolant?

Oil is a necessary evil, water is more than sufficient for coolant.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Seriously Greg? You really thought that was a smart post to make when hit submit reply?

11. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

Thought about it but only after the "edit" time had elapsed.. Trouble with browsing about 6 different forums from dirt to roadracing. MYBAD!

12. Hordboy

Hordboy B Squad Leader

+1. I just spilled some on the shop floor this afternoon. It might be "water soluble" but it takes a lot of effort to truly clean it up. I've always thought that it's track legality was crazy. JMO.

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

WWFTW

14. Brian Driver

Im not following you guys. Everytime I have spilled some it wipes up just fine with no residue. I know Evins coolent is more like antifreeze but water wetter just dosent get the job done even with the big aftermarket raid I have. We put it in the super single and the combo of engine ice and a small oil cooler we droped 25 deg. Just the coolent change in the R1 we droped15deg. If im missing somthing please fill me in cause I just rebuilt both engins and was gona use this stuff again.

15. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I think what Mongo was saying is that it is a slippery substance and it is still not a legal product as per the rulebook to use. I personally have no problems with using watter wetter and water as it keeps my ride from overheating better than water alone which works fine in most applications anyway.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's how I test them to see if I'll allow them or not :D

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you're having cooling issues the liquid you use isn't really to blame. My issues with it is simple, it is a slippery substance that is unnecessary and can hurt riders if spilled on the racetrack. It doesn't clean up easily from asphalt, it doesn't evaporate without leaving a slippery residue.

18. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

So...any ideas what prompted the AMA to allow glycol as a coolant now??:rolleyes: Tdub

19. Brian Driver

The reason I went with it was due to the engine heat. We switched our endurance bike over and had great luck. Bike ran cooler over every stint and the impellers looked great at end of year tear down. On the R1 I switched due to we made it a superbike engine and with the extra heat we put the big 4 core raid with a chin oil cooler. I understand its slippery but I have never ran into a proab with this stuff beimg on the track. We have used it for years in racebikes without a proab. Also the stuff I spilt yest filling up the single wiped up with a papertowl with no residue left over. I will check with norm and make sure its legal in cmra but we have never had that issue come up. Does anyome know if its legal in usgpru?

20. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

CMRA strictly forbids Glycol based coolants. Usgpru follows the rule of the host org. Tdub