1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Engine builder/tuner in N. Fl/ S Ga?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by El Skwid!, Mar 3, 2015.

1. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

I have just about reached the limit of my disgustitude with the jackass I'm dealing with in Jax, Fl. Promises, promises, but can't deliver the project in time & it's always someone else's fault, of course. I'll grant that building Vintage engines is more difficult than moderns, but don't be 2 months late!

I don't care if it's Joe Smith in a 1/2 garage if he can deliver the build in the estimated time.
    I have no problem paying for quality work...delivered as promised, meaning on time & the level of performance.
    Includes being able to tune carbs.

Thanks.

Include a description of what he did for you, in general.

Do not suggest Full Spectrum or Cycle Image!

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Charlie at www.hfd1motorsports.com

Rebuilt a 09 GSXR 1000 engine from the crank up for me back in 2009 and it is still running strong as an Ox..

Also tuned a 98 R1 I built with carbs... I put the jet kit ect in but he made it run like a friggin champ...

He is honest... No BS and delivers above and beyond..

I am sure others will vouch and discuss good work as well..

Last edited: Mar 3, 2015
  3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

D&D Cycles in Pensacola. Robby-Bobby's dad has years of experience building vintage race bikes.

4. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

sorry to hear. Not sure what goes on in the back shop there but it must be the performance disease that plagues these shops.
    Think William Meyers is the only one Id trust locally besides Steve Breckinridge.
    http://wamcycles.com/

5. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

:stupid: He's been building/tuning my bikes since i started racing in 2000.

6. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

HFD built a CB350 a few years back that Perinthian used to pound me with.

It ran really well, and according to Charlie required very little maintenance.

7. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

HFD1 and Chris (Hippy) Birkle built Chris's 04RR and that thing was quit the ride. Wish we still had it.

8. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

Thanks guys!
    I was starting to think no one builds Vintage motors anymore.

9. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

DITTO