1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Endurance tank quick fill set up questions

Discussion in 'Tech' started by yokohama1, Nov 20, 2018.

1. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Yes

2. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

Be sure to practice in the driveway a few times before your first race. Our first go with a dry break, we had the venting wrong and lost a couple gallons on the garage floor.

I'm trying to recall our issue, I think when filling the can, we didn't vent the air line, and it built up pressure until it shot fuel out of the side vent.

3. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

If you use a drybreak set up...make sure they NEVER sit the can on the Male Brake..or drop it, the end needs to be protected and kept clean..also keep the female side propped open when it is sitting in the sun..pressure can build up and deform the tank.

4. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

Follow about protecting the fittings but not sure my anatomy and physiology class from years ago is helping me in this case. When you refer to the female end I was assuming you are talking about the fitting on the tank on the bike but are you talking about the dump can? How does the bike tank vent when it’s not actually being filled by the dump can?
    Toe may need to draw me a map.

5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

With a zip tie stuck in it to hold it open a crack. There is (or should be) a 1-way valve on the bike's tank to allow air IN as fuel is consumed.

Britt likes this.
  6. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Sure, when is pressurizing fuel not super safe? :D

7. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I lost a bet with David Sadowski Sr. on this once at Daytona...his son rode the entire 200 with NO Vent Valve...it vents in around the fitting oring enough to not have any effect on the pump...(I still added them even after this lesson, not gonna take any chances).

8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

No more parts loan at the track for you mister...

9. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

UpDates on this project yet???

10. yokohama1

yokohama1 Well-Known Member

If you’re asking about our tank, we have sourced a tank and Parrish is expanding for volume and putting the quick fill ring in. We also got the dump can that Bee had for sale here. Hopefully have everything back together for a trip to Jennings in Feb. to shake down.

JBall likes this.
  11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

nope..I posted in the wrong thread...