1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Endurance Racing

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by etemplet, Dec 15, 2009.

1. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

For myself, in order to fill the grids, I don't see why individual racers couldn't enter their bike in the Endurance Race and "Race half the race." There could even be a class for that. Might get some people back on the grid. I know this is an endurance race but for those that have issues..."like me" you can ride your own bike. I don't care about laps or race position, I just want to get some track time at race pace. I really enjoy endurance racing but it's the other issues that bother me...as I have stated.

For me...I'd be all over that and race with whatever club offered the option for sure.

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

There was a club out west that had a charity race like that. It was the "Pony Express" class. The pit stop consisted of changing the transponder from one bike to another.

3. etemplet

etemplet Well-Known Member

In the CMRA, a few years ago people signed up as single racer teams and road their bike in the race, worked on, set up and such. This was discouraged because of limited room on the grids but now...they have lots of room and a market.

4. krod524

krod524 Well-Known Member

In the Mini Roadrace clubs out here in Southern California (85CC Two Stroke/150CC Four Stroke and below) there are Endurances races where you may have a team of 4 riders racing their own bikes. They are used to riding their own "horse" which means safer racing, less red flags, and not one bike will be beat to crap at the end of the day.

There is an 8-Hour coming up in April and a 24-Hour coming this September... which I "think" is the only 24-Hour motorcycle road race in the United States.