1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Endurance Racing is Awesome

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by Goat, Jun 17, 2019.

1. Goat

Goat Apex Assassins Ops

To keep things short and sweet, we had an absolute blast this past weekend at Race Pitt.

It was our first time competing at a WERA Event, not to mention participating in an Endurance Race.

Friday track day with N2 was perfect for learning the track. Great group of guys and gals, and a really well run event.

Saturday's race was epic. Lots of little things that we had to deal with from me forgetting to plug in the generator, to missing the grid, and then electrical issues during practice and then again during the race, but it's not a proper race weekend without some little issues here and there...right?

It was impressive to watch all the Teams do their thing, work together, and ride hard. We learned a lot, had an incredible amount of fun, and are hoping to make the next one at Nelson.

Huge thanks to WERA Staff, Pitt Race Staff, Corner Workers and Volunteers for an awesome event.

Cheers friends!
    -Will

AMA229, mpusch, Wheel Bearing and 2 others like this.
  2. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

This guy gets it! I don't know how anyone can do an endurance race and not be hooked...

Buckeye Racing had a solid weekend, I need to get in better shape though...2.5 hours on the bike did me in.

JBall likes this.
  3. Goat

Goat Apex Assassins Ops

Lol! Who knows, some people probably get bored...

Tristan, you and me both. I was thinking about competing in a few races on Sunday, but I was beat up!

We are going to up the ante with the training program for sure.