1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Endurance 2024. Open discussion..

Discussion in 'WERA National Endurance Series' started by regularguy, Oct 26, 2023.

1. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Buy a big bike

2. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

For selfish reasons, we like the 24 liter tank. When competing against a 7 time AMA superbike champion or what ever other pro riders on any team we know they burn fuel faster than us, more pit stops and chances for errors in the pits. Our strategy is be perfect in the pits, don't crash and hope for mistakes from the pro teams. We will also need to look at our fuel consumption versus lap times and stops in comparison to the teams ahead of us, slowing down could be faster with one less pit stop.

Some day we hope to get to the level to at least keep the big teams honest. Ready for season 5 and chasing the big teams.

love the idea of multiple boards through the length of the pits and a 6 board followed by fast 5 and 4 boards.

Tom, team Kustom Cockpits formerly, Club racers no ringers

Kyle Brosius likes this.
  3. aod99

aod99 Administrator

I think the only pro team we've seen in WERA endurance in the last ten years was Warhorse Ducati.

They finished third at Pitt two years ago.

stickboy274 likes this.
  4. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

You guys rolling heavy with a multi time superbike champion and handing out cookies and cupcakes makes you professional!

tdelegram likes this.
  5. John Branch

John Branch 90125

I started racing in1990, AOD and pro team in the same sentence just doesn’t sound right?? I remember 1996 or 97 ? John gave them their first Suzuki, the whole team had flat black spray paint and proceeded to paint the whole thing like kids!!! John U walked off shaking his head!! Lol

6. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

Looks like N2 put race dates on their website- all lines up except CMP shows Monday 7/8 (probably a typo) and no Summit date.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, Summit has gone up in price more than 70% over the last couple years. There is no way we can afford to throw away that kind of money sadly. I really miss racing there like we did back in the day.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'll get my schedule updated today or tomorrow.

9. voss555

voss555 Well-Known Member

That sucks, it was our first time there last year, really fun track. Bring a round back to Nelson :)

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

11. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

Agreed. Only one race less than 11 hours from home for me now. Nelson would make two races within 3.5 hours for me.

StaccatoFan and voss555 like this.
  12. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Sorry if it was already covered- PIRC a 6 hour again?

13. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

And is that schedule 100% final- no others pending?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Working on that but hoping so.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No schedule is ever 100% but this is how I expect it to stay.

16. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

That COMPLETELY SUCKS!

17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Yep...Uncle Mongo and Auntie Evelyne...please add a Nelson endurance round....please????

;-)

18. mdhokie

mdhokie Well-Known Member

Very sad about Summit. Summit and PittRace are the only tracks close to me with WERA and the only ones I have raced every season.

19. tjnyzf

tjnyzf Well-Known Member

Is there going to be practice the day before each endurance race? Pitt Race is the only track on the schedule I have ridden. The other rounds are all more than 10 hour drive so really can't afford to learn the tracks a different weekend than the race itself. I don't see track days or anything about practice the day before on the N2 schedule. Will WERA be running practice the day before each round?

20. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

yes there's a racer practice on Friday thru N2, except for the GNF the practice is thru WERA.