1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Enclosed trailer - what to look for

Discussion in 'General' started by Scotty87, Apr 11, 2010.

1. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

Id pass on the rubber coin. Almost positive you can get that at commercial flooring for cheaper

2. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Well, here's the latest update - stopped by a local dealer and found this deal:

6x12, V nose (14' or so overall including the V)
    3/4 floor, 3/8 sides
    Frame members 16" oc.
    1 piece roof
    15 radial tires with pretty bitchin AL wheels
    Ramp door
    LED lighting
    Torsion axle
    Hidden fastener (screwless or whatever) sides
    Roof vent
    Stabilizer jacks

$3075, available in 3 weeks.

Also I get the opportunity for storage in a secured lot for $25 per month if I want it, which is over 50% off around most places locally. I live in the city and I don't wanna be jockeying this thing around in the winter when I'm trying to snowblow the driveway and drink brandy.

Here's the catch - I have until close of business tomorrow to pull the trigger. Dealer says it's his last 6x12 order of the year and the upgraded models need to be ordered ahead of time.

What say you, beeb?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2010
  3. talber8

talber8 Well-Known Member

I would die for this if it was convienant. I live in the metro NY area and don't even like admitting outloud what I pay to rent a garage spot for just my bike gear and foldup trailer! Couldn't even find parking for a trailer under $250 that wasn't ridiculously out of my way.

I hate NY.

4. TurboBlew

Have you checked over in Jersey? :D

5. TurboBlew

I just got a fax quote from a guy today... same options listed only in 6x14 & with a walk on roof & 78" interior height. $2914. That was a Lark brand

6. Scotty87

Whoa.... PM sent.

7. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

I wouldn't let anyone rush you into a deal, take your time, find the cherry that YOU like, and pull the trigger. It will come. I know waiting is not an option for the male species, but sometimes it works out, you might find a better one, for a little less money and not get "pushed" into it

8. ThrottleAbuse

ThrottleAbuse Will Race for CASH!

What I have been trying to find out is if trailers are like Toy Haulers in markup. Toy Haulers have 40% margin in them as apposed to a motorcycle that has 10-12% plus the dealer holdback of 3-5% on most models.

Turbo if you dont mind PM more info on the quote you got for the Lark. Maybe you sell a few for the guy and he sweetens your deal a little more.

9. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Another option is to use the Pingle removeable wheel chocks or the knock off Pingle removeable wheel chocks at Harbor Freight with e-track.

The price of that pit posse stuff is ridiculous. You can make shelves out of stock aluminum and rivets for a lot less or use the Gladiator Rack stuff they have at Lowes. Pretty affordable and works great.
    I have a 6x12 6' height V-nose single axle. A twin axle was too heavy for my Frontier and I didnt need the extra beef. I pull two bikes, generator, tools, pit bike and fuel plus all the extra crap and I'm probably around 3000 lbs full.

10. Scotty87

What about this? [​IMG]

Could be kinda cool. Anyone have any experience?

11. KLM

KLM Registered User

That bitch have a/c? With that door/window, you would look like a rotisserie chicken in there.
    You seem like you are jones-ing for something; I get that way too when you I am looking at multiple options. Have fun, enjoy the chase.

12. Scotty87

You ain't kidding.

I keep going back and forth between a pop-up, an enclosed, now this thing... hell, last night I had resigned myself to just putting a tent on a utility trailer. I should just keep looking I guess.

That thing doesn't have a/c, but it does have a 14x14 roof vent and the doors on either side have sliding windows. But, I see what you mean... could get pretty toasty in there.

13. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

Likely a small a/c could be added. Biggest concern I would have is tongue weight. With the rear set trailer wheels, a bike plus anything on the landing pad and you could easily top 600 lbs. I would think. Might not be an issue with your particular hitch/vehicle, but something to be considered.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Scotty - Fuzzy has one of those and seems to like it, he'll probably respond once he wakes up (works 3rds).

15. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

even for the vertically challenged getting the 6" extra height is nice. Never have to worry about people banging heads getting in and out every time you load it.. The V-nose is super nice extra storage area without making the trailer that much longer..May offset the mpg loss from the 6" height.
    THe market is poor, trailers are going WAY cheaper than when i had one custom made 5 years back. NO need to get someones neglected trailer when you can buy new for a little more (unless your getting a smokin deal from someone needing to unload thiers). As someone mentioned earlier, dont' let em rush you into a sale with the "new model is on the way..gotta buy today".

16. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

That's funny.:D

BTW, I have a 7x16 Lark enclosed. It's on it's 3rd season now and has been perfect so far. They aren't as solid as Pace or whatever but the price was incredible.

17. Scotty87

Yeah, the guy selling those Larks outta Florida is a really nice guy too, and his prices are crazy cheap.

It's too bad the 1800 mile round trip kinda kills the would-be savings for me.

18. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

What does one of those sell for?

19. Scotty87

MSRP is something like $8600

Local dealer has been sitting on one for 2 years, he's got it stickered for $3900. I would like to talk him down to 3 even. I know that's really pushing it, but I just don't think I could spend much more than that for what it is.

20. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Hmm. I'd pay 3 for that.