1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

emails going to spam

Discussion in 'General' started by KovzR6, Jan 17, 2011.

1. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

i have 2 sites hosted with email. each domain has its own email address.

when i send from 1 email address its get to peoples inbox fine, when i send from the other, it gets dumped into spam folders.

ive had 1 site tested by norton to be verified as "ok and free of threats. the site i just launched (email going to spam) hasnt been verified yet. does that affect the spam rating?

just confusing me since technically they are being sent from the same account, just a different domain name.

any idea's?

2. WhiteKnight01

WhiteKnight01 Racer wahnahbee

Not sure if it affects the spam rating or not. But I know that sometimes something in your e-mail signature, if you are using one, can cause an e-mail to go to spam, or not even make it to the address sent to at all. I have sent email from yahoo to accounts that use Lotus Notes. Those companies either have something set up in their firewall that scrubs/blocks the email or the host may just not be accepting e-mail from particular addresses, whether blocked by domain or by IP address range.

Also, if you can, make sure the address that is getting dumped to the spam folder is tagged as not spam and is in the address book of the receiving address.

3. Eric_77

Eric_77 Well-Known Member

Remove the links selling penis pumps

4. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

i do have links in the signature to both sites, ill try removing them and see what happens. the site is being verified, just takes 2 weeks or so.

one site is my main photography site, the other is a seperate site for a specific photo service. signature is just to let people know the service isnt the business name, that its a service provided by my photo biz.

5. KovzR6

KovzR6 Well-Known Member

i took out the sig and it went to the inbox instead of spam like it did earlier.

thanks for the tip. guess ill leave the sig out.