1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Elka shock...any feedback?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by volcom415, Jun 13, 2007.

1. volcom415

volcom415 Well-Known Member

Just exploring my options...have had ohlins on my last two bikes and they worked well. Rode my buddy's penske and it handled amazing.

I am looking at the option of an elka just because I can get them for super cheap, but just havent heard any info on them.

Any help guys?

If you have any other feedback regarding suspension on a k6 gsxr 6/750 I would appreciate it as well.

I dont want this to turn into a penske vs ohlins vs elka pissing match...lets just keep it civil:)

2. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Interested as well, and I also have a k7 600.

Out of curiosity, how cheap is "super cheap"? ;) Pm me if nec.

3. joe846

joe846 sleep weiner, sleep

Rob Campbell won three championships on an Elka last season (F1, 750sb, 750 production). He seemed to like it and from talking to Jim Lindemann the general feel seems to be they work fine.

I know some people will say more experienced riders can get a away with equipment slower riders can't at the same speed, but you could also argue that faster riders need better quality equipment DUE to their speed.

Either way, I doubt you can go wrong with any of the major suspension companies (shit, my Fox TCR rear shock still works great!).

4. Smokes35

Smokes35 Well-Known Member

Dont mean to thread hyjack...

but anyone ever tried a hyper-pro rear?

5. nig

nig Well-Known Member

6. kaneohekid

kaneohekid Registered Abuser

I use an elka 3 way on my bike (06 gsxr 600), and I like it alot, had an ohlins on an older bike (04), and well.... they both worked for me. Never rode on a penske so I can't give you feed back there...., like one of the previous posters stated that someone has won several championships on an elka, so they must work....on another note, you can take that money that you saved and buy some fresh rubber:clap:

7. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Crevier won the 2005 cdn supersport champinship with it on a honda.

8. volcom415

volcom415 Well-Known Member

does anyone work very closely with elka besides max and LE?

9. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

We just got through testing two models and like them a lot. One of our guys who is a long-time Ohlins rider said that the Elka was the closest to exact set-up out of the box of any shock he ever used. Tested them at Mid-Ohio, Grattan and Autobahn.

I think that Ohlins and Penske are excellent but Elka is hungry and willing to work with us more that Ohlins or Penske and all things being equal that earned our business. Should be interesting.

10. STT-Rider

Catylist does and he's in Kalifornia.

11. YZROOSTINYA

YZROOSTINYA Well-Known Member

They worked great on mine and my buddies quads!

12. STT-Rider

That's how I first heard about them. I guess they are the sh#t when it comes to quads.