1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

EEOC says it is discriminatory to require English for a job

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by LabRat, Jul 2, 2014.

1. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

2. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I blame the REPUBLICANS more so then the asses for not making English the national language when they had control of Congress and the WH.

3. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

Sure...

HEY, Santiago!
    GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE HIGH VOLTAGE LINES WITH THE MOP BUCKET!!!!

Yep, no need to understand what is going on around you.

4. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Yo no comprende señor :D

5. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

6. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Sounds racist to me to think someone from south of the border can't learn English.

7. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

What about air traffic controllers and other international standards that are based on english?

8. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Liberals are the biggest racists of all. They think the brown man isn't as intelligent or as savvy as their WASP behinds. Therefore, little brown man needs the liberals to tell him what to do and how to do it.

9. Fencer

Fencer Well-Known Member

My take.

If you want to work for me.

Learn it before you apply for the job.

And have a green card.

10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:

11. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

You would warn him? :Poke: :D

12. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Am i reading the article correctly that they fired employees for not speaking english?

How the fuck did you not know this when they were hired???

13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

I'm with you on this one. The company was stoopid in how they went about this. If the people were working, and doing the job, it's hard to then claim English is a requirement after the fact. The unfortunate thing is that there is now precedent that will open up a whole can of shit.

14. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

WASPs are liberals now? hahaha now i believe i've heard it all here. all those old money liberals and their bleeding hearts and their nantucket and martha's vineyard mansions! damn their infernal money giving and filanthropy!!! fuckin ivy league, investment banking hippies, all they want are handouts!

hahaha christ...

15. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

Maybe the company hired them thinking they could work around the language barrier and have now determined that it is too much of a safety risk or cost issue. If you think it can't be a cost issue, it would be pretty expensive to print and/or translate all of the warning signs, equipment manuals, procedures, forms, etc. in multiple languages.

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Where does it say they can't be? :confused:

I mean, there aren't any elitist, high status wealthy goofballs who lean liberal, right? :rolleyes:

17. Sweatypants

a few outliers... do you really just believe what you said?

18. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

Does a majority of Hollywood constitute a few outliers?

19. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I love the level of self delusion that you far lefties possess.:Poke:

20. Sweatypants

i think you'd be well surprised about the actual make up of that industry in that regard. also, my tribe makes up a lot of hollywood... we aren't WASPs homes. they weren't chosen for a reason. :cool:

also... there's a lot more successful businessmen/lawyers/doctors/bankers/consultants in this country than there are successful actors. nice try though. :rolleyes::crackhead: