1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edward Snowden and the NSA

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by HPPT, Dec 22, 2013.

?

Which of the following choices is closest to your thoughts about Edward Snowden?

1. Patriot - pardon him

61 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. Traitor- prosecute him

25 vote(s)
    22.5%
  3. Other favorable opinion

21 vote(s)
    18.9%
  4. Other unfavorable opinion

4 vote(s)
    3.6%
  1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

In light of all the revelations of the past year, do you feel differently now about the Edwards Snowden case than you did when the story initially broke and he was hiding in Asia?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

All of the above minus the pardon him part.

3. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

So no one should question or expose the illegal mechanisms the Gov't may be using ever?

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You're an idiot if you don't question authority. On everything.

But my opinion on Snowden is he should not be pardoned. He wants back into the US, roll the dice on a trial.

5. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

From WHAT I KNOW: Patriot.

6. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

The dice are somewhat fixed at the moment.

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well then he can stay in Russia or continue to beg for some place warmer to take him in.

His trying to buy himself a pardon in the US using the stuff he stole makes me really dislike him.

8. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

If I were him, I would take Anna Chapman up on her marriage proposal and then reveal to the NSA that Dave K. was my stateside contact. :D

9. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I'm good with a trial just as soon as you line up every swingin' dick in Washington right behind him.

10. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

He did steal stolen stuff and then brought the initial theft to light...

Now the original thieves should prosecute him?

[Ambivalence]

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

So if you steal a GSXR750 from Suzuki to prove that there was a problem with the brakes you are a hero and not a thief?

12. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Not a very good analogy in this case.

More like stealing a bike from Suzuki that was designed using stolen IP from Honda and showing it to Honda....

13. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I like the fkn iditos who say, He should have followed proper legal avenues...like any other whistle blower...
    BS, he would have ended up like Vince Foster...

Hell "They" are still lying about what they are doing, collecting, listening to, and will continue to until we stop caring or become distracted by the next BS thing.

14. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Did you guys hear about duck dynasty guy??

15. Rico888

Rico888 Well-Known Member

I'm in Britt's camp on this one.
    What he disclosed and brought to light made an impact for sure.
    As far as following protocol and pursuing legal avenues in an"appropriate manner"? NSA would have buried him....not a chance in hell that info would have been made available to the public had he not gone about leaking it in the manner in which he did.
    Politically speaking from a strategic viewpoint, the current administration cannot afford to let him come back. They already have egg on their faces. No way they are going to let him back in. Perhaps when a new administration comes into power he might have a chance.
    Do I think he's a hero? No. He did however bring to light some shady dealings of our government to which I feel he deserves some credit for having the guts to bring it to the public attention.....

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Who did what in the library with a candlestick? :confused:

17. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

So far it appears that he has not released anything that has endangered any operatives or other individuals to a large extent so I guess he has that going for him. I do not consider him a hero but rather a concerned citizen that had the ability to actually expose some of the illegal actions by our own Government. As far as him coming back and facing the justice system is concerned; If I were him I would not do it. There is no way in hell that he can ever get a fair trial because it's the almighty Government that he would be facing.

My main concern is that voters will forget all the BS that Snowden exposed by election time thereby allowing many of the crooked assed politicians to be reelected and escape justice themselves. He has, unfortunately, made his own bed of roses so now he has to lie in it.

18. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

I'd wager Colonel Mustard in this case...:D

19. charles

charles The Transporter

Ellsberg and Russo- The Pentagon Papers: espionage? revealing 'state secrets'? heroes? or traitors?

Fast forward: Snowden…just another Ellsberg or Russo? If not, why not?

20. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

Is that more old timey stuff?