1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Easy Pull Clutch System

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Vstate60, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Vstate60

Vstate60 Jaspon&Armas, PA

So flame me if I'm wrong but I haven't seen a thread on these yet. Curious to know how many people are running the RSC/Moose 'easy pull clutch' systems I've been seeing who are roadracing. The bulk of the info I found was from stunnnnna forums and the like.

If you do have experience with them...would you recommend the system? I'm a two-finger guy both brake and clutch lever and after a few laps my lever feel gets a little mushy from working them to death so I wonder if this would be a viable option?

Thanks in advance.

2. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I tried one on my 1882 Maico 250....

Sacrifices feel for leverage and didn't allow the clutch to disengage fully.

Every so often this thing gets re introduced as the latest cure for stiff clutches. I really doubt it works any better now than it did 30 years ago.

3. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

I run them on Stunt Bikes, as bpro stated it simply lengthens the throw to give a softer pull. If adjusted right they do work ok but the throw will be longer.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I changed out the slave cylinder on the Hyper for a larger (I think) one and it made a world of difference in traffic jam type riding without sacrificing any feel or clutch operation.

5. hrc_nick_11

hrc_nick_11 Well-Known Member

Move your clutch perch more toward the center of the bike so you are using the lever father from the pivot. Longer lever gives you more leverage. Give me a lever long enough and a firm place to stand and I can move the world.

6. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

... this ^^
    worth a try. I do it all the time, and suggest to many.

7. Vstate60

Would the semi-shorty unbreakable lever be an issue?

8. MELK-MAN

i personally like the feel/bend of stock levers, but you said you are using 2 fingers already so i can't see it being too much of an issue. But it might be. On starts, i use 3 fingers on the clutch lever then go to 2 fingers for the rest of the race.
    moving the perch inward will give you more leverage for sure. Just can't say how it will work with a short lever. Same with brake lever perch. moving it in a bit will give you more brake pressure with the same pull of your fingers.

9. Vstate60

So simple. Of course I never would've thought of this. Thank you boys.

10. hrc_nick_11

Switch back to a longer lever.

11. Vstate60

So I'll just try this here rather than creating a second thread since there are some knowledgeable cats already in this thread:

I'm 6'3 275 and have been noticing a problem getting bigger as I've gotten faster. I've got my BP to where I don't put any weight on the bars mid-corner, but because of the cramped position, in relation to the angle of which my knees are bent, I'm having to use the bars too much to move side to side and to even go from toe-heel-toe when down/up shifting. I just lowered my vortex rear sets on my 06 750 to the lowest, most forward setting and while it helped its no cure all.
    Now I'm wondering do I build up the seat, and if so, how? Or do I grab one of those adjusted base plates off eBay they sell to lower the entire mounting point of the rear sets an inch or so? Obviously I want to steer clear from ground clearance issues but I definitely need some more room. What does the almighty beeb techies say?

12. Vstate60

Bumpity for new question!

13. MELK-MAN

at a towering 5'7" it's just something i have never given much thought too. LOL sorry..

14. hrc_nick_11

What are you using for a seat and tail section. If it is a stock seat you can remove the cover and build up the foam and get it recovered. Also maybe try to move the tail section more to the rear, to get more room behind you. If you want to move around the clip ons check out apex mfg they have some very adjustable clip ons.