1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Early GNF history

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by Larry Lawrence, Feb 12, 2002.

1. troy boy

troy boy Well-Known Member

yes i remember 1986 wera gnf b superbike race well. i had the lead all race on that larry brown tuned gsxr 750 and let ron ewerth jake me and steve nardiello, ewerth was on a fasola cycle nuts and bolts gsxr 750 and steve o was on mike harths fz 750 with different body work so no one really knew what was up. very sad day, i had motor on them and didnt know what to do with it back then. oh well, i was 23 and squirting all over myself!!!!!! just my 2 cents worth.....troy sorensen ps larry lawrence how the heck are you?? larry brown how are you??

2. troy boy

troy boy Well-Known Member

1986 gnf not 1985.... history corrected

it was the 1986 gnf b superbike race with ron ewerth 1st steve nardiello 2nd troy boy 3rd..........were refreshing that memory motor man!!!!!

3. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

Wow an old post for sure.

I was at the '88 GNF to spectate, I saw Cam Roos do the business on the FZR400. A guy from my hometown in North Carolina was also racing in the FZR400 class (his name was Nick Waycaster), he got 3rd or 4th IIRC. I vaguely remember a guy named Fabian Cortez doing okay too, and of course Kurt.

First road racing I ever saw in person, good stuff! Been hooked on the sport ever since that day.

I also remember one racer who didn't have a left hand, he had rigged up his bike somehow to work the clutch. Inspiring as hell.

4. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

[​IMG][/IMG]

Maybe some of the picks posted in Vintage thread should go here too.

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  5. JPG671

JPG671 Well-Known Member

Going back to the original thread, why to histories of the founding of WERA focus on Peter and Patty Frank, and leave out Avrum and Laurel Gudulsky? Ther Franks later bought them out, but they were crucial to the actual founding. Avrum was later killed in that horrific crash at Mosport in 79.

VFR#52 likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It was an oversight in the original program article for sure but in anything I've said about our history since I found out about the Gudulskys has included them. Most people who weren't involved in the NE/MA area at the time just never heard of them sadly.

VFR#52 likes this.
  7. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Great Stuff!

8. buff

buff Member

larry thanks for posting this. stirred a lot of brain cells.

9. buff

buff Member

i think the 1 handed racer was bobby ? from savannah.

10. TEAMLIKETYSPLIT

TEAMLIKETYSPLIT In Limbo

RZ 350? I have pics of that guy at Tally in the mid 80's

11. Rdrace42

Rdrace42 Almost Cheddar

Bump from the archives, just for a little history...

lopitt85 likes this.
  12. mikek

mikek Well-Known Member

Great post, worth reading!!!