1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dynojet PCV / PC3 quick shifter sensor compatibility

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Apr 15, 2019.

1. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Does a PCV specific quick shifter work on a PC3? Or is there actually any difference between them?

I can't find a solid answer on Google, and nothing on their website. The closest thing I find to compatibility is from their website that talks about ensuring the quick shifter sensor type setting is set correctly in the PC itself:

"Make sure the settings for switch style is set to match the sensor you actually have. Dynojet has sold both types, open or closed. The best way to confirm your sensor type is with an Ohmmeter. At rest, the sensor will either have full continuity (closed), or no continuity (open). Set the switch style to match your sensor."

2. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

Best bet is to call them, there is some weird stuff here and there. Example, working on an 09 ZX-6 with the QEM module and had to buy a sensor, wasn't working properly, called them and found out there was 2 revisions of the QEM for that model and it depended on the color of the light as to whether it need a normally closed or open...

3. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

From my understanding, PC3 works only with normally open type QS units, while PCV can work either either.

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Email their tech department. I've done this multiple times and they've gotten back to me within 30 minutes each time with the answer I was looking for.

5. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

this...

6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

There is a setting in the software for NO or NC switches. I believe the most up to date firmware has this for both PC3 and PC5, but the PC3 may not necessarily have that option for certain models. PCV definitely does.

7. Tas

Tas Well-Known Member

I had a QS using the PC3 then the PC3 quit so I put in the PC5. No issues either way.

I had no concerns when I upgraded because of what Champer stated.

8. E Reed

E Reed Well-Known Member

So I accidentally bought a QS sensor for a PC5 and I have a PC3 on my SV. I bought the 4-130 which is the dual contact sensor. Does anyone know if the 4-130 is the open type?

thumbnail_20210506_080701.jpg