1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dyno Jet Quick Shifter Issues

Discussion in 'Tech' started by burniep, Mar 25, 2010.

1. burniep

burniep Well-Known Member

looking for ideas before I purchase replacement power commander.

Have 05 R6 with power commander and quick shifter that has been on bike since it was new. Last season it started cutting on and off at high rpm like the quick shifter was kicking in and out. If i unplug the QS it works fine. First i tried replacing QS with a borrowed unit that i was told was working but had same results. Think maybe it is the power commander unit but like i said it works fine if i disconnect the QS from it. Any other ideas before i invest in a new unit.

Thanks,

2. NC Jon

NC Jon Can I change my name?

Sounds to me like the QS sensor is failing. Try a different quickshifter with your PC if you can and see what happens.

3. burniep

tried that with one that was suppposed to be working and got same results. Wondering if maybe it is the power commandor its self.

4. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

sounds like ur boot is hitting and you dont know. try keeping your toes away from the shifter next time?

5. burniep

have been riding this bike for a few years without that problem and made sure that was not the issue.

Thanks,

6. Wheeliest

Wheeliest ʍɥǝǝןıǝsʇ

do you remember making any changes/adjustments prior to the issue? change shifter height or move rearset?

7. ToddClark

ToddClark f'n know it all

sounds like where the wires go into the connector, or where the connector goes into the PC there may be issues.

8. burniep

yeah i think i need to get a different PC and see what happens. Just hate to spend the money on one and have it not be the issue.

9. duckracer

duckracer Well-Known Member

try running the black (ground)wire directly to the battery, I had a friend that had the same intermittant problem with the ground lead in his PC, and this solved it

10. burniep

did he have the QS as well? would it act as though the QS was kicking in even though he was not shifting?

Thanks,

11. Razorboy

Razorboy ZAG Racing LLC

Contact Dynojet up in Vegas.
    Not sure if this relates to your specific problem but we had a similar issue and it is now fixed. I will let them fill you in on what to do.

It is probably the QS itself.

Cheers
    Bernie