1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Durango vs Explorer vs Blazer

Discussion in 'General' started by Motofun352, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Newyork

Newyork Dip Mode

This the red you’re talking about? I don’t have any pics of just the car sorry...

[​IMG]

2. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Like I said, pics don't do it justice. I don't think they have a red other than that metallic that looks like candy. It's soooo sweet, and you know it. :D

Newyork likes this.
  3. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I take exception to your Chrysler comment... lol
    I have a 07 Jeep Commander with the 4.7 v8... thing just rolled over 226k miles. Never has she given me a major problem.
    I replaced started a few years ago... and just had to replace the clutch fan.
    My wife all it the tank because it can't be stopped.

cav115 likes this.
  4. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Leased a 2011 Durango Citadel and a 2013 Durango R/T without a single problem. Great tow vehicle. V8 sounds awesome.

evakat and KneeDragger_c69 like this.
  5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

mini-van

BigBird likes this.
  6. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

My girlfriend has a 2017 Mazda CX-5, and she really likes it, Jack. It's a pretty good little SUV, too.

I know what you guys mean about the sparkly Mazda "Dorothy's Slippers" red. One of her neighbors has a red CX-5 across the street from her house, and it's a
    SWEET looking SUV in that red.

Hell, it's on my list of possibilities to replace my Fusion Hybrid as my daily driver should the Fusion shit the bed on me...(fingers crossed..177K and counting on the clock).

7. evomach

evomach Well-Known Member

I think the current consensus"magazine expert's" pick in that class is the Kia Telluride.

8. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

The last 2yrs of Pilot get their 9spd automatic. It’s actually quite nice in the ‘19 Ridgeline I’ve been in.

9. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

MOST FCA vehicles are hot garbage but a few get lucky with them. It seems like some models are a lot better than others but I'd go japanese.

10. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Bought wife a 15 Durango rt. It’s great for what it is. Reliable, handles and goes better than the other shitboxes mentioned here. It’s also a shitbox, it just goes better.

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I'm on my 2nd Durango (2020 R/T)...when a Hemi V8 is a one of the choices, you should always go for that one :D

evakat, KneeDragger_c69 and Knotcher like this.
  12. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Debating replacing it with a gle 450 or a 21 srt Durango.

13. KneeDragger_c69

KneeDragger_c69 Well-Known Member

I've got the Durango R/T 2019 and love it.
    Never was a Dodge guy but needed a vehicle that can tow and user friendly around town (had an F250 and fucken too big for city)

Explorer didn't have the capacity to pull more then 5000lbs and any other vehicle that could was well in the $80k CND

Could of gone with the Pentastar V6 engine (pulls 6500lbs) but opted for the Hemi.

Have nothing bad to say and all reviews on the Durango are very good.

Drove a V6 2 weeks ago and it has great pick-up as well.

Go for the V6 for the wife. So many trims to choose from.

P.S. one more mention... Durango seats 7 or 6 if you get the second row captain seats (which is what I have on my R/T)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    evakat likes this.
  14. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

The answer is 4Runner.. $6,000 premium gets you way more than an insignia on the hood. Buy once cry once. 15-20 years from now you can buy another one. When my wife is finished with her BMW we are getting her a new one.. My 1998 4runner was still going strong at over 300k miles. Everything worked. Just wouldn't pull the race trailer with it.. Gave it to a friend and now we both take it out to off road trails sometimes.

15. Chris

Chris Keepin' it old school

If you're really looking at the explorer, you may want to consider a 2020 instead of an older model since they switched back to RWD and more of a truck platform. With that said, I bought my wife a 2015 a few years ago and we both love it. Not to mention spare parts will be available forever since so many local and state law enforcement agencies use them.

16. tdelegram

tdelegram Well-Known Member

Jack, my wife drive a 2013 Navigator (fancy explorer) it has a large v8 in it and about 70k miles it’s been through oil changes, 2 deer and now has a new set of tires and front brakes. 2 complaints, the tail gate/wheel wells are starting to bubble ( not garage kept) and the chrome wheels started flaking about 3 years ago. All in all a solid vehicle and I was fortunate to talk her into it as she had her heart set on a G-wagon.

17. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

I honestly wouldn’t consider any of the three if I planned on using it the life of the vehicle....
    Not a fan of a Turbo 4cylindern in anything.
    If I wanted a Midsize SUV I would either go Highlander or MDX.
    Or go full size and get a Tahoe. JMO

18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

Well the Chevy Blazer is off the list. I liked the vehicle installed rubber floor mats, kinda like upscale Weather Tech but too much moolah. I guess I'm going used. My dad would never buy a Japanese car, his version of WWII payback. While it's demented on my part (I buy Japanese bikes, after all) it's a small thing I do too. I also know many of these cars are built in the USA....demented....Buying a particular car for emotional reasons. I think it will be the Dodge with the six (remember...the wife's car). Thanks.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  19. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

:crackup:

Precious few of the people who had any role in WW2 are not dirt-napping at this point.There are good reasons for not buying foreign, but WW2 isn't one of them. I suppose it was fresher in your pops' time, though, and I totally get the concept of honoring his memory.

I hope you get one of the good Derange-oh's! :beer:

20. BigBird

BigBird blah

Chrysler Town and Country/Pacifica
    Honda Odyssey
    Mazda CX-9 or CX-5 if that works
    Acura MDX - can get a really good deal as the new model is coming out
    Honda Pilot

But really a minivan or car is the best :)