1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dunlop Roadsmart IV

Discussion in 'Tech' started by casjoker, Jul 26, 2023.

1. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Who's using them, and on what? I am thinking about putting a rear on my 2009 Speed Triple. Hoping to get significantly more mileage than my Michelin Power 2ct and not have to worry about losing grip for street riding.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

If you like Michelins why not step up to one of their newer tires like the Power 5 or Road 5 ? The Road is a sport touring tire, you'll definitely get more mileage out of it.

3. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Online reviews said the Dunlop is a slightly better tire than the Michelin. I am not brand loyal to street tires. Just been using the Michleins for a few years and thinking of a switch.

4. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

I ran the original roadsmart F and roadsmart 2 Rear on an sv650. They did everything the sv could do at deal's gap.
    Ive heard the roadsmart 4 is not much better than the 3 mileage wise. If you can find the 3's they're cheaper than the 4's.
    I'll be putting 3's on the sv when I get it street worthy again if I can still get them.
    I ran a qualifier on the front and roadsmart rear to start on the sv. Stickier front. Then went to road and road 2 combo. Then road 2 road 2 combo.

I don't think the road 4 will have 2ct grip, but the Dunlop's have always just slide better than Michelins for me. Michelins have put me on my backside where the Dunlop's have slide and regripped. If you're spirited and not stupid, I think the tire will serve you well.
    No idea if any of that is helpful. :)

casjoker likes this.