1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dunlop Q5

Discussion in 'Tech' started by mpusch, Aug 3, 2023.

1. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

If anyone has the contact info for the Dunlop vendor for Pittrace I'd appreciate it. I'm signed up for the YCRS school (woohoo!) Monday and Tuesday and figured I should put on a DOT for it. Was looking at the Q5 and Chip said that's what they use on their rental bikes there was as well.

Just not sure which tire size to pick. Currently run a 190/60 SC1 so I'd presume a 190/55 for the Q5 makes sense? Been a while since I've ridden a non-slick.

2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

You're probably looking at the Q5s which is the more street oriented tire. I run these on my coaching bike and they work fine though they do wear more than the old Q3+ did. The "s" is supposed to have a better tolerance for wet conditions the the plain Q5 which is why I use these though the truth is I don't push them when it's wet anyways. If spending the bucks for YCRS, they run in the rain so you don't want to be tire limited.

3. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

I have a set of full rains I'll have with me if that occurs. Appreciate the input!