1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dunlop/Gilera

Discussion in 'General' started by Robin172, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Footage of Michael Dunlop doing a 100mph lap from a standing start on the bike that Bob Mcintyre did the first 100mph lap in the Isle of Man.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  2. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Hell yeah.

Would love some on bike footage!

3. Unreal. They didn't show him stopping for a Samiich either.

4. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Doing that in a vintage helmet takes balls. I'd surely have worn a modern helmet.

5. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

That's just fantastic!!!

6. Robin172

I'm surprised he was allowed to wear a pudding basin, they haven't been allowed on racetracks in the UK since 1971. But the IOM isn't the UK and they have their own rules.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Does it even matter? To paraphrase Jerry Seinfeld, when you're racing around the Isle of Man, the helmet is wearing you for protection. :D

Hawk518 likes this.
  8. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I forgot Classic TT was going on.

9. Danny Webb said those old bikes and tires are like riding a modern bike with rims that have spaghetti for spokes and silly putty for tires. The brakes are like the flinstones, said as soon as you get on the gas you might as well start braking as well :) tons of respect for guys that can haul the mail on those old things.

10. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Come to think of it, maybe you're right. They should have posted a video of his mouth struggling to stay closed at speed lol. Anyways, that's a badass vid.

11. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

That's pretty frikkin cool Robin.

Hey, Alex Mclean from down here in Jacksonville is there riding a ducati like yours.

12. Robin172

13. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

14. 418

418 Expert #59

Something else from this week at IOM. That sound.

cha0s#242 likes this.