1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DUDE, I rode a Ninja 250.....

Discussion in 'General' started by ruckusracing, Sep 17, 2014.

1. ruckusracing

ruckusracing Well-Known Member

at Jennings GP last weekend. It was a blast! First time for me to be on the race track, on a motorcycle, since the GNF 2007. Took me a session or two to understand that on a Ninja 2 fiddy w/ stock suspension and 30,000 miles you can go through turn 3 wide open in 6th gear full tuck even. What a blast, only got to ride 4 sessions over two days....last one being a "mock race"...the poor intermediate class got a lesson on corner speed in turn one off the start....I know I shouldn't have been in the intermediate class, but with only 28 hp I needed some kind of advantage. The closing speed through turns 3-4-5-6 and 7-11 were kinda insane....the big bikes would blow past down the back straight and I would zoom past into 3-4. Anyway, it confirmed a long suspicion of mine that I should still be on the racetrack racing a motorcycle......

2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

30k miles? What year 250? If it was pre-2008, what tires were you running?

3. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Should have got a Corvette. Better performance for less money over the same time-frame, so sayeth Mr. Falafel.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Was it like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8fD0A-50kU

5. kangasj

kangasj Banned

:crackup:

6. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Has anyone jumped back on a 600 after a few sessions on a 250 and gone faster than previous just by using better lines/ techniques?

7. ruckusracing

8. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

No, but I've almost highsided an R6 after doing an endurance stint on a LW bike after 45 minutes of not having to respect the throttle.

9. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

10. ruckusracing

It belongs to one of the control riders, it is a post 08....and he puts take offs from the track shop on it....it had a well worn Bridgestone R10 120/70 and a Dunlop , don't laugh cause it works, 125/80-17 slick....I was skeptical of the rear tire....since its a front, but man it stuck and I was twisting the snot out of the thing....not sure what it would feel like w a 110 front and a 150 rear...which is what Dunlop sells.

11. ruckusracing

Trust me i know it wasn't an accomplishment....by far...I actually picked the I group to stay out of the way of the adv. group guys. I guessed I was around the 1:35 lap time mark....and there were some guys in the 20-22 sec a lap in the A group and since most "I" guys are in the 28-38 sec a lap range I thought that was the safer of the two options.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  12. ruckusracing

I use to race a 1000 in endurance and a 675 on Sun. It always seemed to help me on Sun....But not the other way around

13. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Has anyone on a bigger been lead way too deep into a turn by a 250?

14. Sheik Abdul ben Falafel

Sheik Abdul ben Falafel Well-Known Member

No, he should get a liter bike, put a child seat on the back, and ride it for 100k miles even if he has to push it for the last 80k miles with a blown motor!

15. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

That's cool Steve!! Wish I'd been there.

Yep! The 120 rear works great! I was skeptical when I rode it (same bike). WIDE OPEN 'til you get to T4.5!! :D

16. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are converted back:D

17. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Draik runs the 110/150 Pirelli DiabloSupercorsa SC1's and loves them.

Despite adjusting body position thoughout the year as he has grown, he still drags, shifter, pegs, can, toes, top of his boot, and even lower fairings.

I'm gonna be a little sad to see it go, he has learned a ton on his little turd bike.

18. ruckusracing

I've always been a big Pirelli fan...maybe pick some up from Leon and give them to the owner for letting me ride his bike....as long as i get to scrub them in!!!:Putter:

19. kanatuna

kanatuna You can't polish a turd..

Get a baby Ninja and come back...

20. caferace

caferace No.

I caused a few crashes back when I raced one.

"Dude, you never braked!"

Well. duh. :D

note: that was on a 2000 and 2001 with Dunlop GT501's ...

[​IMG]

-jim

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014