1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 998 basket case project

Discussion in 'General' started by nlzmo400r, Mar 18, 2019.

1. repoe3

repoe3 Active Member

I pulled the trigger on 2 from the link. They already shipped with an ETA of next week. Picked up two dollies from HF.
    Something tells me there will be a run on dollies and chocks on the heels of this thread.

nlzmo400r, thrak410 and vfrket like this.
  2. repoe3

repoe3 Active Member

Wheel chocks arrived. The width of the base plate is wider than the newer/wider HF dollies. So be aware if you order from the link I shared.

3. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

Damn sor
    Damn, sorry to hear that.
    Here’s the link i purchased from
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/2840923145...p28hLTfQBG&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

In case the link dies, here’s a couple screenshots with dimensions. Hope it’s helpful. Sorry I didn’t post that before you bought some.

Attached Files:

4. repoe3

repoe3 Active Member

all good, I ordered one from that ebay link today and sending the others back.

5. repoe3

repoe3 Active Member

This turned out nicely. Thanks again for the info.

Attached Files:

6. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

That R1 is bad ass. Really good looking. This thread is getting drool worthy.

7. nlzmo400r

nlzmo400r Well-Known Member

dammit, they make black dollies now? that looks WAY better than the 'harbor freight' red. Never knew they came in other colors, the two I bought were cheapies off Marketplace

8. repoe3

repoe3 Active Member

Thanks. This is when I cringe and type the words, "R1 For Sale." But that's for another thread. I've hijacked this from nizmo enough as it is.

As for black dollies, the red model appears to be discontinued. I thought the black model was wider, but guess they are the same. Don't think there is any difference other than color and frankly your red/black setup looks great with the Ducati.

9. opinion914

opinion914 Well-Known Member

I envy you guys w/ flat garage floors.