1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 848 rear wheel straightening service??

Discussion in 'General' started by jwm2k3, Mar 15, 2017.

1. jwm2k3

jwm2k3 Active Member

Hey all, I need to have my extra set of wheels straightened. Small dents on the lips of both front and rear wheels from an off while racing. I contacted Will's Rim Repair, hes not sure he has the equipment to hold the single sided swingarm rear wheel...

Anyone know of a place that positively can do a Ducati rear wheel?

Thanks!

PS. Only 45 days till my first race of the season, so time is getting tighter!

2. Phl218

Phl218 .

will did a panigale rear wheel for me...

Cam Morehead likes this.
  3. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

The wheel doctor here in cincy has done a lot of wheels for me and is usually 2-3 days turn around.

jwm2k3 likes this.
  4. jwm2k3

jwm2k3 Active Member

Will said he was unsure if his stuff would fit my 848. His concern was the hole size, and we know the 848 is smaller than the 1098/1198/1199 size.....

5. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

drop, Dragginass and jwm2k3 like this.
  6. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

If you send it to Frame Straight, be ready to pester him. Last wheel I sent there took six months to repair, and wasn't cheap when I finally got it back. It was straight however.

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

let him give it a shot. he's a smart guy and will come up with something. and it's $60 and typically takes less than a week.

throwdown likes this.
  8. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

It's been 10 years, but that's who I have used in the past. He seems to over -engineer his work and often does a bit of welding on the wheels. I paid his expedited fee....

9. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I've never waited that long. But I would get timing from him before, and check in if needed. Don't send emails and wait 7-8 days. Pick up the phone. :D

He's really good.

10. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Do you know if the spindle size is the same as the Multistrada? I've got a rear wheel sitting at home that I'd let go for a reasonable price.

11. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

There was a recent thread on here about rims and Ducati...it should still be on the front page.

They can let you know the deal...if you Email them.

:D

12. jwm2k3

jwm2k3 Active Member

Lol, I read that...

Im over 40 and know how to use the phone and have an actual conversation:)

13. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

14. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Yeah, as I recall there is.