1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drunk Driver plows through crowd at SXSW festival

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by deathwagon, Mar 13, 2014.

1. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I disagree with a lot of police chases, but it sounds like this was a very localized, fast developing situation that would be beyond their ability to affect by discontinuing a chase.

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I vote we go El Salvador on that ass: Death penalty for first DUI offense, Then again, I'm 3 sheets to the wind right now & I really want a Wendy's Baconator right now, but I got better sense than t go get one right at the moment.

3. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Nah, you're good just tell'em you only had two drinks if you get pulled over. :Poke:

4. In Your Corner

That seems to be everybody's limit.

5. jp636

jp636 Yellow Turd

They actually tell you a number? Mine usually say, "just a couple."

6. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

It was literally about a block or two "chase". From what I understand it wasnt a checkpoint as we imagine it, but a cop on patrol specifically looking for drunks.

Austin has basically no public transportation, so there's a LOT of drunk driving. Every weekend they have cops everywhere to try and prevent it.

7. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Only a traffic ticket in WI for the 1st DUI.:mad: Hell every weekend in the police blotter theres iditos with their 5th+ in there. One had 15 a few years ago. To be a felony in WI has to be getting the 4th within 5yrs of the previous one.

3rd DUI should be banned for life nationwide, confiscation of ALL motorized vehicles they own (boats, atvs, dirtbikes included) and a felony. Fines for DUI should be based off their income (giving a millionaire a $2000 fine is like giving someone making $30K a $25 fine. Giving someone a fine for 50% of their income (gross) would help get the point across.

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Well, it's what I get after I ask them to define "just a couple". :D

9. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

:clap::up::cool::up::clap:

10. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I hate drunk drivers, I hate people who drive drunk. A cab ride is a phone call away.

I don't drink, never really did.
    I got stopped right after my 21 birthday driving under influence....cop drove me to my home 20 minutes away. I never drove w/ any alcohol in me again.
    I still thank that cop whenever I think about it, for giving me the break of a lifetime. Will never forget it, will never drive w/ liquor in me again.

11. aedwards01

aedwards01 Well-Known Member

:stupid:

Always said your third one should get you revoked for life. We throw people in prison for three strikes, why not revoke DUIs for life after their third. Another BS part is letting people do their jail time on the weekends. F that, you screwed up you do the time consecutively. You make a choice to drink. Our society is way to easy on reckless people.

12. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

They should send repeat offenders to prison, that's the only way to keep them from driving. Most of them don't give a shit about having a license, see it all the time, guy gets stopped for 3rd or 4th dui and hasn't had a license in 10 years.

13. In Your Corner

There is a real disconnect in your thinking here.

14. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I don't see that as a startling revelation.:D

15. tzrider

tzrider CZrider

Which religious group is self-loathing again?...

16. In Your Corner

Progressive Environmentalist Americans?

17. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

More comes out. Reports say he intentionally drove into the crowd. The Honda Civic he was in was reported stolen in Kileen, TX.

Police charged him with capital murder with more charges coming.

Put his ass in front of the line for the needle.

18. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

But his grandma says hes such a sweet innocent kid who made a mistake!

19. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

You let them off easier than I would. Offense one should be ten thousand bucks, loss of license for 2 years, and county jail for at least a month. Offense two, you go to state prison for a few years, lose your license for 10 years. Offense three, we line you up in front of a wall and pump your body full of 5.56 rounds. We're not fascists, though, so number three will unfortunately never happen. :(

I wonder how China deals with drunks? They have the right ideas about drug dealers.

20. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

That's too nice for the piece of shit. I don't get why we don't still use the gallows like the Japanese.