1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Draik Beauchamp making new plans for 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by Cam Morehead, Feb 2, 2018.

1. COOP 1

COOP 1 Well-Known Member

+ 1

Cam Morehead and r6boater like this.
  2. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Great news, shirts are going to be getting designed soon by the uber-talented and artistic Mr Ed Eberhart.

I'll update you all when the design is done and going to the shirt printers.

Thanks again everyone for the support. It means more than you know... tough day for the kid as the Graves R3 bikes were getting handed over to the racers they were built for.

This bike we are building together will have a lot more heart though!

ZimZam, TurboBlew, Phl218 and 4 others like this.
  3. WANABE RACER

WANABE RACER Well-Known Member

So are y’all only planning Wera or you planning Moto America too?

4. r6boater

r6boater Logged out

Just planning WERA, given our circumstances. Its much more affordable.

Plus, the bike we are building isn't to the MA specifications.

But he is still leaving the door open for wildcard rounds in MA if an opportunity presents itself and we have funds. JR cup or Twins would be options.

Cam Morehead and WANABE RACER like this.
  5. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Put me down for a shirt when they ar3 ready. Xxl please.

r6boater likes this.
  6. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

I need a size Large please and thanks. I thought about Draik yesterday. I was happy 1 of my kids was getting that awesome opportunity but also had a sick feeling another 1 of my kids wasn't there... I will say this.... "Nothing worth having comes easy" and "I have never met a strong person with an easy past". Keep doing what you are doing and make the best of every opportunity.... Regardless of the direction of his program, remember that life and racing can mold you.... Let it make something worth looking back on and grinning.....

r6boater, TLR67 and ekraft84 like this.
  7. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

I`m in for a set of tires also.

If any of you are looking for a good cause, this is it.

Draik is a standout guy, and his parents have done it right.

Know that in this case, it will be appreciated and put to good use.

So if you can, let`s step up and help Draik!

TurboBlew, r6boater, ekraft84 and 3 others like this.
  8. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

This still just chaps my ass.

On one hand I'm sure there is some "John cook" drama in the works and Draik and his pops are just too good of people and too nice to call out what happened.

On the other hand, it's none of my business other than watching Draik for several years and having some intense battles with him.

I'm hoping it was just a case of an honest mixup and nothing shady which I am leaning towards.

For someone to constantly brag endlessly about how many hundreds of thousands of dollars he "raised" for racers, this instance sure stinks.

Wish I had the money. I'd build Draik a fucking murder machine and suck the paint off the rest of the class type bike.

ZimZam, JBarx, TurboBlew and 12 others like this.
  9. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

It would not benefit Draik, his dad, his mom, or the racing program to shed light on the details. Draik and his family are awesome and trying to salvage a 2018 race program. None of the other stuff matters at this point. He is a good kid... and learned from this.

TurboBlew, r6boater, gt#179 and 5 others like this.
  10. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Well said.... I wish Kurt and Draik the best.... Seems like yesterday we went to go see that movie On any Sunday 2 where he needed a booster seat!!!! Just Kidding Draik... Hope to see you at the track soon....

r6boater and Cam Morehead like this.
  11. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

+2 on the shirts (Large and Small). Haven't met you guys personally, but I'm on board. The girlfriend met the grandpa and said he was a super nice dude and incredibly proud of Draik, so count us in for shirts.

r6boater, Cam Morehead and BigBird like this.
  12. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

2XL for me

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

M for me

14. 418

418 Expert #59

I'm with fatty.

solson1041, r6boater and Funkm05 like this.
  15. Robby-Bobby

Kurt, it's been 2 years since I put together a professional road race budget and proposal.

Other than the bike, and some parts, what are we looking at for a few motoamerica rounds?

Hard numbers?

If we can get a bike, get a few people on board with sponsors, I can and will build him a bike to at least make a few rounds.

Logistically it's doable.

There's gotta be some folks here that would pitch in.

If we can get someone to volunteer to help organize the financials, and order the parts. Recoiled have him a bike to test by the end of the month...

16. Robby-Bobby

Hell, send Draik down to help me build it and learn how to build it.

He can train with the factory Harley team for free and at night/off days he can learn how to properly build a top level bike.

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

Other than your undying love for Stoner, you're A OK in my book.

stk0308, TurboBlew, r6boater and 2 others like this.
  18. Robby-Bobby

My only stipulations are that he has to still do WERA events and since it would be a WERA built bike; we name it:

"The MongoLoid"

19. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

We all went to a restaurant after Kurts funeral. He told the waitress I needed a booster seat. Lol damn punk.

TurboBlew, Steady T, r6boater and 2 others like this.
  20. ghetto customs

ghetto customs Who's that Parrish guy?

His bike in general will pass MA tech. The electronics part of it is what we'll need to work on but essentially, it'll be put together for MA. He also has a Jr cup license.

I'll be at all the MA rounds, our crews can help each other it's the travel and entry funds is what they're lacking. Hell, even mine are going to be tight but living the van life isn't so bad!