1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Doug Bowie's health

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by RZ Racer, Apr 30, 2002.

1. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

Most of you probably don't know but Doug was hurt and transported at NFMP. He was riding a 916 and crashed, knocking himself out. Anyone know his contact info or how he's doing?

Heal Quickly Doug,

Mark

2. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

I heard he was more or less ok, but it would be nice to know for sure. Hope your head get back to as normal as possible Doug;)

Buff

3. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

I spoke to him yesterday. His clock was cleaned but he seems to be doing fine and was joking around as usual. He's looking forward to making Putnam 6/1.

4. SonicDuck

SonicDuck Flying Feather Duster

Doug just called and told me to post he is doing fine (does that make me his PR guy? :rolleyes: ). He's bugging me about a longer chain for the Monju since I finally let him get a helmet, which I made him keep at the shop to prevent him from sneaking out to Talladega last weekend. Nonetheless, he is doing fine, he drove up to the shop last weekend to hang out and he's typical Doug. :D

Mikey

5. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

will doug be riding his 250 at putnam?

6. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

I guess that depends on whether or not you're on his payroll.

Maybe it's worth mentioning to him. :)

7. SonicDuck

SonicDuck Flying Feather Duster

Well he brings me cigars, does that count? ;)
    In response to the other post, yeah, Doug plans on going to Putnam.

Mikey

8. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Y'know... I may be a little off but have cigars waned in popularity ever since the Clinton/Lewinski incident? The smiling faces of the men on the cover of cigar magazines have lost their charm and innocence. Why is the end of their cigar wet?

9. footwork

Putnam?? 250???

Guess who else will be at Puntam riding a 250.

:cool:

10. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Re: Putnam?? 250???

So you wrangled one of DK's bikes, eh? Is it the black 240 vert he and I put together in 2000 and has yet to hit the track?

11. footwork

Nope- mabey even better than that. Guess again.

:D

12. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

A Giannini Duc!!

13. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

buff on a 250...dooogh! i better add alot of hot sauce on the "taco".

14. footwork

Yep- it should be a fun bike to ride and of course learning a new track will be entertaining as well. Well see if I can tame the wild desmo, it is supposed to be very very fast. (if it stays together)...

15. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

They certainly can be fast. The one that Chris ran at the 2000 GNF wasn't that much faster than my Honda but last years bike could easily pull more than 100 feet ahead on the front straight at VIR!

16. VINTAGE777

VINTAGE777 Guest

Guess i better tell john Ricard to hurry up with the HODAKA roadracer............hmmmmmmm ;)

17. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

which hodaka is john building? any idea when it will be ready?

18. VINTAGE777

VINTAGE777 Guest

Not sure which one he decided to build,At daytona we all stayed at steveo's,I made the comment that a hodaka roadracer would be neat to race,a light bulb lit up and he said if he built one would i be willing to ride it(of course i would),soo the last time i talked to him he seemed to be really excited about,hopefully it will all come togeather,only time will tell................