1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't you hate it when....

Discussion in 'General' started by colin96, Apr 15, 2011.

1. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

You have to go down jet sizes to make your bike run right!:mad:

It's just my Pit bike/mini Sumo KLX125. It was banging WFO throttle, and sure enough going back a main jet size cleared it right up.

It's the principal of it! Lol

Oh yeah, I realize a bunch of you guys have NO Clue bout them ol timey carbs and jets things.....:p

2. vnvbandit

vnvbandit Well-Known Member

Yep. Opening up the exhaust fattens the mixture.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What? Is that a two-stroke thing? :confused:

If not, my brain is not working today.

4. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Ya, 2 stroke thing. I had to drop 2 jet sizes from stock when I put reeds and a pipe on my 250.

5. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

Problem here being, the OP is talking about a 4 stroke...

6. vance

vance *

After a horrible time getting the ex500 to run at Roebling, my new understanding is:
    A whole bunch of air and a whole bunch of gas isn't necessarily a good thing. (Filter pods and bigger jets), rather it's the mixture.... correct?

7. ckruzel

ckruzel Graphicologist Xtremeist

jetting twice a day wasn't uncommon on a race weekend

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Twice a day was a slow day :D

9. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Nope- it's the CORRECT MIXTURE!

10. What are these "carbs" you speak of? :confused:

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Aren't you supposed to be racing?

12. Yep, im supposed to be. But instead im stuck in a hotel in Tuxpan Mexico. :mad:

It is always a coin flip any time I schedule a race on the weekend that is supposed to be my first weekend off the rag. At VIR, it worked out for me...this time it didnt.

Crew change was delayed, which made me miss my original flights...and this is the 2nd day I've been stuck in this hotel because they couldn't get me any more flights (booked).

I am confirmed to fly out of here tomorrow, but this weekend is fucked.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Bummer. Well, you didn't do so well in the MW Solo in case you're curious :D

I'll let Emily know you won't make it, she'll do the credit stuff next week.

14. Joe told me to hurry up and get there because I had pole position in the Solo. :D

Thanks but we already got the credit stuff worked out. I just filled out a pre-entry form for Barber and Emily is going to apply the credit to it.

15. colin96

colin96 Well-Known Member

Yep, getting the mixture the motor wants is not always what makes sense in my head. Bangin out so I went up one, got worse, down 2, ah that's the ticket! Funny thing, that main was always great before??????