1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Don't serious! Let's pop!

Discussion in 'General' started by motion, Nov 22, 2019.

1. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

If the Japanese don't start getting serious about electric motos, the Chinese are going to steamroll them. When I started visiting China 6 years ago, there were electric scooters everywhere. They are serious about the future of motos, while the Japanese seem to be waffling.

Never heard of Niu, but this article seems to imply that they're becoming popular:

https://advrider.com/eicma-overview...utm_campaign=editorial&utm_content=11_22_2019

"With respect to BMW’s unquestioned expertise, please note that Chinese manufacturer Niu is the fastest-growing brand in just about all European markets it has entered. It showed three new models in Milan, as well as a maxi-scooter concept. Niu is not (yet) available in Australia, but it appears to be going great guns in the US from a small beginning, so its success is a clear lesson."

8-750x563.jpg

2. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Loved this caption..

A motorcycle does not have to be electrically-driven to be ugly, as Honda demonstrates here.

pscook likes this.
  3. rice r0cket

rice r0cket Well-Known Member

Chinese companies have historically been unable to build a brand following, which is why I don't think any of the Japanese mfgs care that they're not first to market.

When they see the demand, they'll jump in. Why take the risk now?

4. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

And yes Virginia there is an electric Vespa. :D

TurboBlew likes this.
  5. Inquizid

Inquizid Member Well-Known

Ask someone from China if they race Chinese made bikes over there or Japanese.

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

I want to pop my heart.

pop your heart.png

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

As someone who works for a large Japanese company...dont forget how effing slow they are to change.

They could be working on electric bikes/scooters for the last 5 years and they would still 5 years from market....Some of that is deserved so as to get the product right but man...i thought German and American large corps were slow....this pace is slower than glaciers...