1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Done - Racing for me anyway

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by VintageRacerRoy, May 14, 2018.

1. VintageRacerRoy

VintageRacerRoy Well-Known Member

All,

After a couple of years staying distant from racing, I have decided a return is not in my best interest. The other organization continues its unchanging ways and to be honest the WERA format is not attractive to me. My Harley WR Class C Hand Shifter has a new care taker, so the line in the sand has become a canyon. My XS Sportsman/V3/V4 racer is collecting dust and is for sale. If you are interested please contact me. Those who know this bike can vouch for its performance. A 150 pounder with some skill can win, as it is competitive with a 250 pounder. I will throw in the starter stand, transponder, spares, etc. with the right negotiation.

Note, there is no place I would rather be than on track. It is all of the support investment that now seems to have little reward. I will continue to do high end builds, and provide support (machine work, etc.) for the vintage race group if wanted. My new focus will be AMCA events (road runs) and dabble around in vintage trials.

I will get to the track and visit/watch vintage road racing. See you in the pits.

Roy

2. yamageezer

yamageezer Well-Known Member

Roy, sorry to hear that. That XS is an amazing bike, wish I had the $$$

3. Hate McDead

Hate McDead Well-Known Member

Roy, Can I have your leathers? I'd like to turn them into a set of chaps. I'm thinking of bull riding while my MCL recovers. And as I recall, you wear big girl panties so your leathers are large enough to carve up into a set of chaps. Hell's bells, they're probably big enough to make 2 sets of chaps. And since you're giving up the world's greatest sport of road racing, we both might as well go bull riding. We could probably get your soulmate, the honorable mouthpiece, Mr. Rutherford, to join us. He partakes in the occasional activity outside of motorcycle racing .. such as professional rugby playing. So the three of could tinker around with riding bulls while we contemplate our next move to conquer the motorsports world. Are you in?
    By the way, I know a good home for your transponder if you could part with it.

4. VintageRacerRoy

VintageRacerRoy Well-Known Member

I actually have maybe two sets of leathers you can make chaps from for the entire McDead clan and its associates with leather left over. Just for you, I may not ride a bull, but I would tie your bull rope ( around the bull, not around your neck) so you may have a similar ride to those you tend to have on track. As for the transponder, for now, it needs to stay with the XS racer. Let's see what happens with it going to a new caretaker.

5. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear Roy. Hope to catch up with you at some point...

Good luck with any new endeavor you pursue sir.

6. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I got on a bull once, a long time ago, at a rodeo in South Alabama. It did not take me long to realize it was not the ride for me. So, I exited the bull rather rapidly. Now, some folks say that the purpose in riding a bull is to stay on the bull, at least for a designated period. I say BS. Apparently others are not as bright or as quick a learner as I. The only difficulty was in making a graceful exit. It was, umm, quite chaotic, to say the least. No need to do that again, and I feel no need to seek to perfect the exit from the bull.. However, I will be quite willing to assist McDead in his Quixotic quest . . . . I am confident I can find plenty of experienced bovines to provide an apropos ride for McDead. Just so happens there is a rodeo in Jasper, GA this week. Can I book you a reservation, McDead?

Roy, you will be missed. We all have enjoyed your presence on the track and in the pits. And, you have put together some outstanding rides. I understand moving along to other endeavors, and I look forward to whatever you elect to pursue and ultimately, what you end up building. All the very best.

Cheers,

Dave

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We've actually gone to watch bull riding in Talking Rock. I'd make sure to be there to watch Hate ride one.

If mother nature cooperates I may have to look into taking the boss to Jasper, she loves rodeos.

8. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Hate riding a bull, I don't know which one would be in the worst mood.

9. Yamaha179

Yamaha179 Well-Known Member

Roy:
    Plz contact me; I need a good machinist.
    Lyn Garland [email protected]
    WERA 1594