1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dogtown and Z boys

Discussion in 'General' started by Luckystrike, May 13, 2002.

1. Luckystrike

Luckystrike Well-Known Member

Went to go see it with the wife after convincing her that it will be really good. Now I owe her a shopping spree. What the hell.. don't go see this crap unless you're really into Stacy Peralta and Tony Alva self glorifying themselves. But on a lighter note.. it was pretty funny to see the old Zephyr Skate team doing their overstyled berts. :)

2. gixer1100

gixer1100 CEREAL KILLER

WOW, DOGTOWN, theres a name i haven't heard in awhile. i had a few of their boards, they were cheap and crappy (at least the ones i had). sometimes i still think about skating, some of my friends still do it. i haven't been on a snowboard in awhile either (since i moved to the south). ahhh memories,:)

3. Luckystrike

Luckystrike Well-Known Member

Actually.. dogtown made pretty good boards. I had an Eric Dressen pro model many moons ago. Remember him? :)

4. LtFDrebbin

LtFDrebbin Well-Known Member

I have not seen the movie yet, but will be soon. I have been skating for the past 18 years, and continue to do so (although this motorcycle racing takes up lots of time). It is always fun to relive the "Glory Years", so watching these guys on the big screen will be pretty neat for me, regardless of how good the actual movie is. If you guys are interested, check out the book Tony Hawk wrote. It came out a couple of years back, and it will really bring back memories.
    Have fun.

5. peterhaulintail469

peterhaulintail469 Orange-u Racing 469

T hawk is bubble gum now, his game is okay on PS2........speaking of bubble gum i just got some on my pants.............look for snoboarding to come up, and not vert......raging down the xx blacks is the shite. closest thing to that feeling of speed when on track racing.