1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dog Training Collar

Discussion in 'General' started by Mongo, Mar 28, 2024.

1. Gumby647

Gumby647 SeƱor Member

I have a Sportdog 425 we used with my GSD. It came with both long and short probes, she needed the long ones. One time camping in Wyoming she wandered off over a hill chasing something and I was able to pop her with the collar and get her to come back, even being completely out of sight. We haven't started training the Mal with the collar yet but it is on the to do list.
    My experience is to keep the remote out of sight of the dog so they think the correction is happening due to the dogs actions rather than you doing it.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I found with mine after a little while I didn't have to use them, just putting them on they knew they better behave. Just speak to them and they'd pay attention.

Sweatypants likes this.
  3. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

No sir,Cleveland Ga. I was going through alot with the wife back then as well,and the Gooch's their real name were just garbage all around.Always a cop or ambulance over there

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So, got the bousnic one. Works great and haven't done more than the beeping (don't have the contact points uncovered or near his skin yet) No reaction to having it put on but his reaction to just the beeps makes me think he has had a shock collar at some point, most likely a bark collar based on his actions outside now - was constantly barking now just one woof if any but some pretty good grumbling under his breath :crackup:

Thanks for all the input!

ToofPic likes this.
  5. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

If you do ever need to use the shock feature, you leave the silicone covers on the terminals. They're conductive and they protect their skin from irritation.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Makes sense, I think I'll switch it back to the short terminals just to cut down on a chance of an accidental shock.

Definitely read make sure the silicone is on there but never really looked into why. Oops.

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

My dog says "now you fucking tell him!"