Does helmet Still need to be Snell certified or is ECE ok?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Trevor636, Nov 13, 2017 at 5:26 PM.

1. Trevor636

Trevor636 Well-Known Member

Looking at buying a new helmet and found a killer looking one made by LS2 but it only lists DOT and ECE certification. Can it be used on the track to race wera with?

2. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

According to the gospel (aka Rulebook)

11. Riders clothing and protective requirements:

a) All WERA competitors must wear helmets which have a Snell ’00 thru ‘15 approval sticker, or must be BSI or EC approved and must be in good condition (as determined by Tech) and not manufactured more than 5 years prior to the date of the event.. Helmets must be taken to Technical Inspection and must display a WERA Helmet Tech decal prior to being allowed on the track. Open-faced, modular, and dirt bike helmets are not allowed.

Be sure to check the manufacture date!!!!!

badmoon692008 likes this.
  3. Trevor636

Trevor636 Well-Known Member

Ok so it does say ec approved i guess the means ECE will work. Ya im ordering it brand new from sportbike track gear.

4. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Well-Known Member

Better call ahead and check the born on date....

5. Dave675

Dave675 Well-Known Member

Don't be afraid to hit up TJ at riders discount, either. I have got a couple really good deals on helmets with a fresh date on them.

6. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Draik Beauchamp is sponsored by LS2 and wore them all last season in Moto America and some WERA stuff, I would think you are fine.