1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do you know this bike?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Boltos, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Boltos

Boltos Well-Known Member

Does anyone know this bike? It's for sale and I'm trying to get some background on it. The current owner says:

"This 1973 BMW R75/5 competition racing bike was acquired from a well-known racer. This bike was used in WERA Vintage Class competition and placed 12th in the nation recently.
    It has a 750cc high performance BMW engine that has a polished and balanced crank, new pistons, valves and springs, a stock cam, new carburetors, and new race tires.

This motorcycle was raced for 5 years (about 6 races per season) in the Vintage Class."

Picture is attached.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2004
  2. macdaddy

macdaddy PRAISE "BOB"

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    and the photo??

3. krodaddy

krodaddy Well-Known Member

picture, please

4. Vintage Bling

Vintage Bling Well-Known Member

Its on ebay and I have seen it on ebay i think like 3 or 4 times I dont know if it was always from the same owner or not maybe it didnt meet reserve?

5. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

6. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Ronald MacDonald's, maybe? I think it was a prize in an Unhappy Meal.

7. Boltos

Boltos Well-Known Member

Do You Know this bike.

That's the bike....sorry I'm having some trouble posting pictures. It does seem like that bike gets back to ebay every so often.

[​IMG]

8. footwork

footwork Honda Research Analyst

Re: Re: Do you know this bike?

:D :Poke:

9. krodaddy

krodaddy Well-Known Member

Damm, that thing is ugly !!!!!! probably enough raw material there to get a good start on a decent race bike. But that tank and seat gotta go. Don't pay to much, I built mine out of a rolling basket case that I gave $900 for and I sold all the take off stuff to pay for things I needed.
    Good Luck