1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do NOT watch bike/racing movies before you go for a ride...

Discussion in 'General' started by sharkattack, Jun 12, 2022.

1. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

I watched the movie "Joey" on Amazon about the late/great Joey Dunlop the other day. I highly recommend it, it's got lots of footage from the older TT races, as well as some interviews with some of the TT greats. The places that Joey used to practice and tune his bikes looks eerily similar to some of the rural areas in which I ride. I watched it again this AM while having coffee and breakfast.

Later this AM, I went for a ride. The whole time I was thinking of the movie and what a great rider he was and what fun time it must've been to be a part of that scene. I was doing my best Joey Dunlop impression on my FJR when I caught the attention of one John Q. Law. After some apologies for not obeying the local speed limit and not stopping immediately (I didn't see his lights as I wasn't looking in my mirrors; I was looking ahead), he told me to slow down, stay hydrated, and enjoy the rest of the day. Heading home kinda sucked, doing the speed limit and all.

You've been warned! ;)

BigBird, cha0s#242, stk0308 and 4 others like this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Thanks for the recommendation. I've seen No Ordinary Joe a half dozen times at least.

sharkattack likes this.
  3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

And I've seen JQL many times while riding though I can't recall ever stopping for one.

sharkattack likes this.
  4. cav115

cav115 Well-Known Member

Road..story of the Dunlop family.

Knotcher, Blammo, Circacee and 2 others like this.
  5. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

His red & blue flashing lights gave me a strong hint that it'd be in my best interest to pull over...:crackup:

Sabre699 and Gixxerguy855 like this.
  6. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

Glad you pulled over! I just watched a video on IG of a kid attempting to run and he died about 1 minute after his decision from a woman in an SUV.

you’re right, don’t watch racing before an early Sunday morning twisty run with your buddies! (Some good times though!) ha.

sharkattack likes this.
  7. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Speed limits are for goats..... though running is a felony here. I can explain a 30 over to security not a felony (actually 30 over would just get the boss to start saying something and walk away shaking his head if it was me)

sharkattack likes this.
  8. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

sharkattack and Gixxerguy855 like this.