1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Do I need a ghostbuster?

Discussion in 'General' started by walt415, Oct 4, 2014.

1. walt415

walt415 Active Member

Dear Beeb,

This morning at 7 AM the phone rang at home. The caller ID displayed my home phone number. Later I woke up to find the ceiling fan on in the family room. It was not on when I went to bed. I can't turn it off with the remote, and there is no wall switch. Lastly, the garage door opener light was on, and that wasn't on when I went to bed, either.

Do I need a ghostbuster? How do I turn off my ceiling fan?

Best regards,
    Walt

2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Burn it with fire!!

3. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

No, you need a new battery in your remote.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Lay some base charges in the foundation, then blow the fucker up from your neighbor's front yard.

5. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

Any thunderstorms in your area? Garage door openers and remote control ceiling fans are usually the first to go with a lightning strike, as well as thermostats and hvac control units.

6. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Probably a power outage....

7. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

boooga boooga boooga boooga!!!!!

8. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Who was on the phone? Maybe Ghostbusters was calling you? :Poke:

9. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

In the hours after my mother's passing, my brother-in-law and my sisters best friend were en route to my parents home (middle of night). Her friend received a text message saying "Where are you?" on her phone. It was from "Jeannette" (my mom). My BIL figured it was my sister using mom's phone. But her friend did not have my mother's cell # in her phone. When they got to my folks house, there was no record of a text from mom's cell, and there was no phone # attached to the text that was sent when they tried to call the message sender.

Call Dr Venkman.

10. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

You need a catholic priest who moonlights as an electrician. And for the ceiling fan, a BFH.

11. JTW

JTW Well-Known Member

You're f@cked!

12. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

Just put a couple hundred pounds of tannerite in the house and shoot it with a .50 bmg

13. rraiderr

rraiderr Ron Jermey Jr

Call one of those ghost hunter TV shows and get paid.

14. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

Wow! You will never have an explanation for this...

Last edited: Oct 5, 2014
  15. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Was there any poop in the living room floor? If so it was just Ditz thinking it was a fort.

16. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

:crackup:

Sounds like a power surge has scrambled or fried your ceiling fan control, and possibly scrambled the brains of the garage opener.

turn off the breaker to these devices for 3 minutes, then turn back on. If that doesn't fix them, then you need to replace them.

The phone thing is a hacker/scammer. Never will you get a legitimate call with your own number as caller ID.

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that about your Mom. That is actually a very cool story.

18. tony 340

tony 340 Well-Known Member

My television will sometimes turn itself on in the middle of the night.

No picture, just sound coming through the speakers.

When my grandmother passed away I went down south for the funeral. The night before at 3am the microwave in my hotel room turned on and I couldn't turn it off.

Had to unplug it.

19. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Sounds like you can home drunk and don't remember leaving the garage door open or turning in the ceiling fan.

20. [​IMG]