1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirtbike mechanic needed.

Discussion in 'General' started by creator, Oct 12, 2010.

1. creator

creator Well-Known Member

Looking for a good referral for a dirtbike mechanic in Chattanooga, TN area. Having some problems with my 06' rmz450. Thanks

2. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

Don't know anyone in Chattanooga, but if you are willing to make the 2hr drive down to Woodstock, Mark Klein is the man.

3. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

What's wrong with it? Lotsa helpful peeps in here.

4. Triple R 50

Triple R 50 Well-Known Member

Danny turner!! Turner cycle!! In esatridge if i remember..he is on here too!

5. creator

Motor locked up figured out the cam chain slipped a few teeth. This bike has a manual cam chain tensioner which your supposed to tighten after every ride. I just got this bike so was unaware of this wonderful feature. I found tdc then reinstalled cam and cam chain. Then retightened tensioner. Bike will now turn over fine, but will not start. Not sure if its a little off and thats why it wont start, or something else. If anyone has some experience with this I would be happy to try something else before having to pay someone to look at it. I have heard of Danny Turner. He is located on Graysville rd. off E. Brainerd rd. I havent met him before. Just heard he is always busy and out of town alot with his sons riding schedule. If know one has any ideas and don't get any referrals I'll try to get in touch with him. Anyone know his user name on here so I can send him a pm. Thanks

6. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

If the chain jumped then it has some bent valves also, possibly done some damage to the head also. I would plan on a new chain also, it got loose enough to jump so its stretched pretty bad. That guy on Graysville RD wastes way too much time on the BBS also, but he does do stuff for the fastest guy's around that area. Right now we are about a week out on something like that.

7. brveagle

brveagle Well-Known Member

Sounds like you trashed your valves. That's going to be an expensive fit. Do a compression test to confirm. (or a leakdown)

I won't make any jokes about 2 strokes > *....

8. creator

Very funny Danny. I'll try to stop by there this week. Thanks for the good news about the bike. I might not be one of the fast guys though. Will you still take time to fix the slow guys bikes? lol