1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

HaHa! I ran a few VCHSS races several years ago, and it was the most exhausting thing I have ever done... Ever...

2. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

take a look at hammer nutrition items (think endurance running, bikeing, triathlon products) , Eddie Kraft turned me on to their stuff for endurance, and recovery. he has a post on here about it and what he takes. works well.

good job on the the great finish, in tough conditions. Ski

3. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Thank you for that! I am glad to know I'm not the only one that feels this way!

4. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Went riding last weekend with some dude I met on one of the trail forums. We headed out and it looked like we were both well-matched in terms of riding prowess, which was good. We didn’t see anyone else on the trail, either - so that was nice considering the holiday weekend. We stopped half-way through for a break, his idea - and it turns out, he was a pretty cool dude: same alma, grew up near me, knew some of the same people, liked fucking bitches, &etc.

Then we headed out for the second leg of the loop. I was ahead and, following the usual check for each other at the crossing rule, noticed he wasn’t there. So I waited a minute, shut the bike off and, didn’t hear anything. Great, I thought. So, I slowly rolled back about 1-1/2 miles to find him on one side of the trail and his bike in the other.

Poor dude clipped one tree, went the other way to hit a different tree and broke his arm (so he thought). Also, ripped his PCL and suffered a minor concussion (wasn’t wearing an Arai). Fortunately, we were only a mile into the woods from where we began and I noticed a two-track that paralleled the trail, so we pushed off for the trail head via logging roads and such. I helped him get loaded up, sent him on his way and, went back out for another 20 miles or so.

After I got home (didn’t see his truck in a ditch along the way), I sent him a text to find out about his status. An hour later I get a reply after he’d left hospital: contusion in the arm, so not broken, and separated PCL, which would be his second one.

Other than that, it was a great ride. Memorial weekend trails are crowded after 0900, so get out there early.

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Is that to say it was an horrendous headsmack and thank god he wasn't wearing an Arai or a minor headsmack and he shoulda been wearing an Arai? :confused:
    (Just remembering a helmet "crash survey" article from RRW. Arai was a top helmet but more concussions were suffered than from the other two top contenders...not that those older street helmets have much to do with today's off-road helmets.)

BTW, what was he wearing?

6. Resident Plarp

Yes.

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Hey, now...no secrets when it comes to safety.

Seriously...
    I have an inexpensive helmet for Trials (AFX - I wanted a lightweight full-face - not gonna be crashing through the underbrush at breakneck speeds) and I should re-new my collection of MX helmets (AXO and Shoei).
    Now that I think about it, my whole protective gear package needs updating. It would be nice to know what's worth getting, or avoiding, these days.

8. Resident Plarp

He was wearing a Fox lid.

9. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

C5A52084-9B0A-4F17-8346-C7CB3773AF45.jpeg B372FC70-AB0A-4336-9A9C-936B177034F0.jpeg 3444AFE0-27BA-4BD4-9F0C-77D1325E2EC5.jpeg Sunday at Moto Mtn in N Ga with some hammer heads, riding all the 4-6d singletrack. Last pic, rider far left is fellow x roadracer from back in the day, Mike Earnhardt (big foot).

Last edited: May 30, 2018
  10. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

11. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Just finished 2 hours in the tightest, most sloppy single track, while it was hot as balls.

Bike might get washed tomorrow...

12. mpusch

mpusch Well-Known Member

So I finally followed through on this! 05 TTR125. In pretty good shape but has a little trouble idling. Figure that shouldn't be too hard to fix though.

First dirtbike, and man... Even this thing feels fast.

Uh for my wife of course.

Attached Files:

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  13. Resident Plarp

Were you riding somewhere in poontang?

14. eggfooyoung

Hell yeah!

Not mine, but here's a video of the track. It doesn't do how slick it was, any justice.

And I'd be getting that E button fixed, and/or a valve job.

Good times had by all!

15. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

FE8A52B8-1F88-460F-815E-4711FC59BE8B.jpeg C9F761F5-BC36-4893-954D-BC5A03C61B6C.jpeg Rode today

sanee and renegade17 like this.
  16. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Did the Idaho City 100 again this year. Drank enough fluids and ate enough calories. Finished. It's an awesome event. Being able to rage on 100+ miles of sweet Idaho single track and fireroad with no worries of a head on is magic. If anyone wants info on running this event, let me know.

Before impound

34258890_10213509978877058_6674431086958739456_n (1).jpg

Done deal.

34259058_10213514504710201_3852957544255324160_n (1).jpg

Here is some video of a couple of the tests (not mine)

gt#179 likes this.
  17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

It makes my heart happy to see the 2 strokes!:D

18. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

A 2T on the pipe is one of life's greatest sensations.

crashman likes this.
  19. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Nice ride! ^^

Love to get a Beta for my next db.

20. eggfooyoung

Nice!

And I thought I was big pimpin doing 70 miles at Redbird yesterday.