1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Direct signature bullshit and the sender doesn't tell you

Discussion in 'General' started by gapman789, Jan 16, 2021.

1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Man, just a rant.....there was a chance that i was getting a pkg today that is holding a bike build up. The seller/shop didn't send tracking info to begin with. And sure as hell didn't tell me he put 'signature required ' on it. USPS, small pkg that would fit in the mailbox.

So of course, i'm in the garage out back, go to check the mail and theres the 'sorry we missed you' note from the mailman . fuck.

There's been other issues with this whole ordeal. I feel like its bad juju with this business transaction and would rather just send it back and try to get a refund.

And btw, to make matters worse, i paid $108 overnight shipping when i sent it just to get this fucking package back by this weekend, which didn't happen.

I've put 'signature required' on high dollar shit that i've sent before when it's an apartment in the hood or whatever, but i ALWAYS tell the recipient ahead of time so they can plan accordingly.

2. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Did you buy it off eBay or through PayPal? Or use your credit card? File a chargeback and let that bitch eat the shipping cost.

Had a guy do that with some bike wheels that were less than $300, he put “adult signature required” so I had to drive 30 minutes to the stupid UPS hub.

3. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

I always get pissed off when the sender doesn't tell me it's signature required.

I've gone so far as to let it go back, then call the vendor/seller and say ship it again without signature required, or refund my money.
    I'll usually put in the comments section of the order "ship NO signature required" if there is a way to do that.

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I would have chased that delivery guy down till midnight. I've done that before.

Ducti89 likes this.
  5. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

I prefer to be more laid back, and not let little stuff like this get the best of me.

Plan ahead, have buffers of time within a project timeline, and never assume anything regarding delivery dates. Especially in today's time of Wuhan virus and unemployment as a lifestyle. Shipping algorithms will need to be recalculated to match today's workforce productivity levels. Or, more accurately, lack thereof.

6. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

This. Its lazy slobs like those that work at the USPS that wont get out of their mail truck to go just the extra bit to make sure the package gets to where its supposed to go.

Just BS.

Yzasserina and Newyork like this.
  7. gapman789

I"ve been going back n forth with the guy....All he has to do is remove the signature requirement, but he won't. Says he's protecting me. wtf.

Like I said, i don't care about the signature required, just freakin' tell the recipient ahead of time. I live alone. Work 12 hr days, except today of course. I honestly don't know how i'm going to get this thing. Missing work ain't happening.

8. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Send it to work location?

9. gapman789

He won't even remove the signature requirement. Basically telling me to pound sand. I'll get a refund when the post office sends it back and he gets it is his stance.

Unbelievable really....3 secs to tell me about the signature and provide me tracking info beforehand would have eliminated this problem. And now that he can fix it, but won't, is even more unbelievable.

10. gapman789

? It's not about planning, buffers, china flu or whatever you're saying....It's about the dude not saying 'hey, btw, you'll have to sign'. That's it....that's all and there would be no problem. I was in the damn garage for crying out loud. I was home.

11. YamahaRick

When you assume something, you make an ass out of u, not me.

On one project I worked on, the customer shipped a vital piece of hardware to their HQ, and not the remote site. Luckily, I had taken the initiative to get a shipping status, where I saw the error. They then had to overnight the very large shipment to the remote site. Glad I didn't have to pay that bill.

In your case, you should have said specifically for no sig requirement ... at the time you paid.

If I were the seller, I'd then refund your payment and cancel the sale as that sets off my fraud alarms.

12. gapman789

riiiiiggghhhhtttt. Except i also told him i would send him $500 fucking dollars to 'secure' the fucking envelope until it arrived....It's literally gonna be in an envelope, it's that small of an item.

I took the initiative to pay $108 to get the item to him overnight....he DID NOT take the initiative to inform me of the signature requirement once it got here. He knew the urgency and failed.

Are you the seller i'm dealing with ingonito?.....lol

TX Joose and YamahaRick like this.
  13. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I send shit with people I trust 100% signature required when it's my money. Why? So it doesn't get "delivered" to the wrong person (a friend of the delivery guy), gets chucked in the weeds but is scanned as delivered or shit just goes sideways.

You want what was shipped, deal with it. You want to die on that hill, let it go back. Don't want or need what you bought, let it go back and call your CC company and charge it all back.

14. YamahaRick

Hardly. ;--) I stopped (for the most part) selling crap because of PITA buyers.

If you needed it that bad, you should have started looking earlier.

15. gapman789

aaaaaagggggaaaaaaaiiiiinnnnn, I said I’m ok with the signature. I told him thank you, that’s great , I appreciate it, etc....The problem is him not letting me know about the signature so I could have planned accordingly. Even the fucking cable guy gives you a heads up of when you need to be home to accept their services.

I ship/receive daily. If I’m shipping something expensive or the buyer is unknown on a forum or no feedback on eBay or whatever, I’ll slap a signature required on it,BUT I always let them know. It’s common sense really.

16. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

One of the delivery guys around me doesn't carry the parcels, just the cards to let me know the parcel is waiting for me to collect it at the post office with inconvenient hours. Apparently it's more efficient, for him.

17. beechkingd

beechkingd Well-Known Member

Send in a complaint on the post office website the next time it happens. I had one doing that and the local post master took care of it, package was left in the middle of the driveway two days later.

18. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

My mail lady is the tops. She will drive up my quarter mile muddy lane, blow the horn and even knock on the door. My hint....$20 buck tip at Christmas. She's not an official postal worker, they hire out rural delivery around here.

19. THAT is what would really piss me off about this whole scenario. Sure, a heads up from the business would have been nice. But its when motherfuckers leave a "we missed you" notice, and they didn't even fucking try. That shit pisses me off. Bitch ive been here all day, don't give me that bullshit.

But luckily my USPS lady is awesome. I used to have issues like that, but this lady started delivering for them a year or two ago and she is awesome. She will pull all the way in the driveway, right up to the front of the house. Then she will either bring them all and leave them in front of the door, or ring the doorbell if a signature is needed. Usually I can hear her pulling in and I will go out and get them from her so she doesn't have to get out.