1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did you see The Ben's tire warmers?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, May 20, 2009.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So you don't know what you consider a flag and what you don't. Got it :)

2. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Oh yeah, I know precisely what I consider symbols of this country, and I'm very familiar with those colors...

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So please explain what they are.

4. Chumbucket

Slow day, eh?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. I just find it hilarious that you felt obligated to be negative about something then go on about how it's your opinion. Yet you can't explain what in your opinion is or isn't over the line.

Which makes me wonder why you felt the need to try and knock what the team is doing in the first place.

6. Chumbucket

OK....Try this on for size:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

That document that I swore to defend against all enemies foreign and domestic?

It says I can, so can Ben for that matter...

Bill of Rights
    Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

You asked...

I never felt a need to knock Ben or the team, I didn't think I did that. I said I liked the message they were sending, I just didn't like the way they were sending it. I doubt Ben or the team gave it much thought at all. They thought it was cool, they did it.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Congrats, you can cut and paste. What does that have to do with you telling us what you feel is over the line. You know, actually explaining your opinion?

You know you tried to knock them, why even try to say otherwise?

8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wow, people are amazing. Weeks ago, someone here was bitching that he had the Texas flag on his bike but not the US flag. Now this.

9. Chumbucket

Why even try to say otherwise? Uhhh...Because I don't think posts like these actually deliver that sort of message...

Ben is cool, I'm glad there's an American keeping those guys honest...
    I don't like to see the flag used as a decorative ornament on a set of tires...

Eh, I'm not losing sleep over it...I understand the sentiment, that's cool...

Suffice it to say, everyone is entitled to their opinion on issues of this sort, or total ambivalence...
    I know Ben and his crew are sending a message with those tire warmers, and I like the message, I just don't like the way it's sent...I know somebody would be sending a message if someone set one on fire and celebrated by waving it around....I wouldn't like that message so much...

So it goes...

I think we should be mindful about how we display those colors...

Apparently I need to work on my communication skills, if it appears I meant to knock Ben or his team that's not what I intended at all.

10. Cam Morehead

Cam Morehead Husband, Dad, Racer

What in the hell? I actually went out and got a friend that was working in the shop to show him the warmers. We both think that is one of the coolest things we have seen a racer do. Then SOMEONE has to complain. Why can't someone either say something positive or shut up? I am one of the proudest Americans you will ever meet and think it is totally appropriate.........

http://www.mmracing.biz/military_page.htm

11. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

[​IMG]

Then it's a good thing Nicky didn't lay it down when he had this livery on. What if he drags the lowers?

Lighten up, dude.

12. Chumbucket

Well? Alright....

[​IMG]

Nice Ma Duece, is it functional?

13. Chumbucket

How you feel about Old Glory shop rags? Cool?

14. Ringer

Ringer Well-Known Member

I have to whole-heartedly disagree. I didn't see any knock on Ben or his team in any of Chumbucket's posts. And to be honest Mongo, your accusations seem surprising and out of character.

Just my perspective.

15. Cam Morehead

They frown upon a live 50 at the parades. The one on the Scout Car does not shoot.

16. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Sigh.

Intent, dude. Intent.

17. Cam Morehead

Totally wrong. Just how I see it. I can see your point I guess.

18. Chumbucket

Like the old deuce and a half's too....But diesel at dawn gets me going, I'm not right in the head...Any tracked stuff?

19. Cam Morehead

Not yet........ Dad wants a Bren Gun Carrier though.........

[​IMG]

20. Chumbucket

Uh huh, that's right, and a bike isn't a shop rag now is it....Or tire warmers for that matter...

That's a beautiful machine and Nicky's a good guy...I'm sure the Thunderbirds or the Blue Angles have piled one in on occasion too...